Discuss Off Grid solar - EPC and FIT advice please in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

saint

-
Reaction score
We are quoting our first small off grid solar project which I am really keen to get. A couple of questions though...
I understand the client can claim the generation part of the FIT, but what is the current rate for off grid?
Is an EPC needed? There is no mains supply obviously, and no heating yet. Although we are looking at cost of getting a wood burner installed.
The installation is on a timber framed building to be used as a learning center at a nature/ wetland center.

many thanks

Do you not still use an inverter to change DC to AC, the another inverter to change stored DC back to AC?
I can not see you wanting to put up to 1000v DC through a meter and also into batteries.

Not sure if this is correct, but if it is then surely you would use a standard approved AC meter.

Do you not still use an inverter to change DC to AC, the another inverter to change stored DC back to AC?
I can not see you wanting to put up to 1000v DC through a meter and also into batteries.

Not sure if this is correct, but if it is then surely you would use a standard approved AC meter.

I generally don't know. Not an electrician, but have been asked (down to grid capacity being taken) the customer wanted to know the feasibility. He would use all of the generated electric.

Thank

Wow, a whole thread where no-one actually answered the OP's question......

I believe that stand-alone/off-grid FiT rates are currently 7.1p/kWh to end April, 6.85p/kWh from 1st May to end June. No EPC required as far as I know.

Wow, a whole thread where no-one actually answered the OP's question......

I believe that stand-alone/off-grid FiT rates are currently 7.1p/kWh to end April, 6.85p/kWh from 1st May to end June. No EPC required as far as I know.

The OP's thread was nearly a year ago, my guess would be he has sorted it by now:wink_smile:

It was just resurrected in a different form.

And your answer was wrong as well, Andy!

Off-grid FiT rates are the same as on-grid and EPC still applies.

The stand-alone rates only apply where the grid is being fed where there is no building on site with an electrical supply, e.g. a solar farm.

Reply to Off Grid solar - EPC and FIT advice please in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net