Discuss Offroad Project in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Marvo

-
Staff member
Mod
Mentor
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
Overbudget by an enormous amount and the project took 4 months longer than planned but it's finally finished. It turned into a mad scramble (excuse the pun) because I have a 4 day trip in the Karoo planned over the Christmas holidays with some buddies but finally I road tested it coaxed it through its first 50 km's today after a complete rebuild. A couple of minor hicups like bolts coming loose and a puncture but she made it back home and is running like a dream.

Happy days.

IMG_25.jpg

IMG_29.jpg

Never used to be a fan of bikes but getting into them more and more. Looks good, where are you going to put 4 days worth of luggage?!

Nice Marvo and it looks sweet - how does it sound with that pipe? Have a good time with your buddies. Be safe we need all the administrative staff that we can!

We'll be staying at guest houses and B&B so we'll travel fast and light on this trip. If we go on a camping trip and need to be self sufficient it's a completely different ballgame and I have a Honda Transalp which has top box, panniers, tank bag etc. The pipe's not too loud, it's the original but the catalytic converter has been removed.

Looking good! My recent project has gone from a little tlc to removing the engine, wheels and rear sub frame so Far! My main bike is all tucked away for the winter. Do you notice a difference in the drive noise between a chain drive and shafts drive? Never ridden a shafts driven bike before but noticed at the show earlier in the month they are getting quite popular

I have a TransAlp that's chain drive but TBH you don't notice the noise on offroad bikes.

Reply to Offroad Project in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock