Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Offshore Electricians in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. SparkdogMillionaire

SparkdogMillionaire New EF Member

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice, been chatting with a mate who wants to go offshore (he's mechanical) and have been looking into myself now also.

Can anyone recommend a pathway and any suitable qualifications that I should be considering doing (except for survival training) ? Looking to work towards this possibly over the next 5 years.

As well as the industry standard electrical qualifications are small bolt-on quals like abrasive wheel tickets things that can be worth having and look good on a CV?

Any advice appreciated, cheers

2. Ali-C-123

Ali-C-123 Active EF Member

I imagine a CompEx qual is essential. I’m told it’s quite a toughie. Especially the practical unless you’re used to the types of gas tight glands they use.

3. snowhead

snowhead Respected Member

I'd contact Offshore recruiters to see what they're looking for now or in the future.
    Things change all the time, relevant experience for now may not be any good in 5 years.
    You may need onshore experience in a particular field, it'd be a shame to spend 5 years getting quals, only for them to say if only you'd done xxx or whatever.

• Like Like x 1