Discuss Ok, I know it's just me...but what is it with "hoodies"? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

pirate

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I have had an aversion to them for some time, but today as I drove, very slowly due to the density of traffic, along a popular thoroughfare in Glasgow, I spotted 20 men in hoodies in a 500 metre stretch of road. It was a beautiful day, sun shining, 18 degrees, blue sky...but there they were, hoods up...half of them had baseball caps underneath, 2 were driving...how do you see to the side when driving with a hoodie on? One guy, on a bike, was trying to cross the road, and he pulled the drawstrings up tight, then dashed over the road in a tiny gap, causing a couple of motorists to do emergency stops. I just don't get it. Shilpit characters hiding under fleece hoods...does it look stylish?
No, to me it looks ----. Of course there are the fitness guys...these ones have the hood up all the time, wear Adidas training pants, and hang around outside the bookies smoking roll-ups and flashing their fancy trainers...
Last time they ran more than 10 feet was when it was closing time...
Brexit? Not the threat!
Hoodie-warriors...draining the system!
Saw a nice van sign on Instagram..not the usual "No tools left in this van overnight"
it said "Don't steal...I need my tools to pay your benefits"
Now, a hooded fleece is very useful when you are walking in the hills, but to be frank, most hoodies are on the high street, and the wearers are not patrons of Rohan...
Ban them!

and just out of the blue...
the guided tour of Glasgow Central Station will change your outlook for ever...

I'm just dumping everything here, right?

and, I have just found several new uses for galvy band...one of the best inventions ever!

and while I am on a roll, on a safety level, impact drivers mean wearing safety glasses...I have a nice wee nick on my left eyelid caused by a shattered pozidrive bit...missed my eye by less than an inch...
FYI, I changed a pozi3 for a 2, then went back to drive a pozi3 without changing the bit...the p2 shattered and spat hot metal over my eyes...
Safety first, methinks...so i put my safety specs on, but the light level was low already, so i stepped through the plasterboard ceiling and crushed my nuts on the purlin...
Apart from that, I took a day off today and drove to Dunfermline, over the new Queensferry Crossing, and that is a beautiful piece of engineering...so actually, I felt quite good!
Normal service will be resumed...sometime.

Only half the year!
No hoodies there, none!

and no chewing gum on the pavements either!

but the dog ----.....yuk!

Maybe the hoodies are becoming popular because people don't like not being able to do anything without being surveilled by the millions of CCTV cameras?

Retards in Glasgow what do you expect........

My Father ended up in Glasgow in 1939, why do you think he sailed straight out to the Atlantic.

A popular thoroughfare. wouldn't be Sauchiehall street would it?
I don't like hoodies either, I immediately think "crim."
I disagree lots of people wear hoodies easier than a hat just flick it up and your head is cosy there are some miscreants who use them for concealing their identity but then again there are people who use screwdrivers and hammers to thieve should we ban them too? And yes before you ask I own serveral hoodies and even have a few branded ones as part of the workwear/uniform they are cosy and they keep your head warm handy big pocket when your messing about up ladders too!

Reply to Ok, I know it's just me...but what is it with "hoodies"? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock