Discuss Ok, I know it's just me...but what is it with "hoodies"? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Actually, not Sauchiehall Street...
Saracen Street, Possilpark..."the Possil"...
Crim?
Aye!

Possil was always a tough place. But things really started to spiral out of control during the 80s. It's bandit country these days and an area that I steer well clear of.

What were you doing in Possil? I hope you weren't over there to score some Columbian marching powder. :D

Retards in Glasgow what do you expect........

Such types aren't exclusive to my native city. I lived in England for almost 30 years and can testify that are plenty of retards down south.
My Father ended up in Glasgow in 1939, why do you think he sailed straight out to the Atlantic.

Erm ..... because there isn't a train service from Glasgow Central?

Last edited:
You’re on one tonight, pirate aren’t you?
I know a very good psychiatrist
5eaf3ab72052286853260191cd52b62a--funny-cartoons-funny-jokes.jpg

Must admit when I see people wearing hoodies on a boiling hot day I automatically think drug addict. Just wonder if it affects temperature regulation. My pet hate is the trousers with crotch round by the knees. Can’t stop laughing:D Talk about the fashion industry being like ‘The King is in the All Together’! Perhaps it’s just that I’m over 50 :rolleyes:

Must admit when I see people wearing hoodies on a boiling hot day I automatically think drug addict. Just wonder if it affects temperature regulation. My pet hate is the trousers with crotch round by the knees. Can’t stop laughing:D Talk about the fashion industry being like ‘The King is in the All Together’! Perhaps it’s just that I’m over 50 :rolleyes:
Crikey I had better not wear my "Help the Zeros" Hoody anymore, and go see a tailor to get me Trousers altered then.

Crikey I had better not wear my "Help the Zeros" Hoody anymore, and go see a tailor to get me Trousers altered then.
Pete. I’d love to see a pic of you in a hoody and tracky bottoms with the crotch round the knees. If you can pose with your skate board you may persuade me to change my opinion.:cool:

and just out of the blue...
the guided tour of Glasgow Central Station will change your outlook for ever...

I'm just dumping everything here, right?

and, I have just found several new uses for galvy band...one of the best inventions ever!

and while I am on a roll, on a safety level, impact drivers mean wearing safety glasses...I have a nice wee nick on my left eyelid caused by a shattered pozidrive bit...missed my eye by less than an inch...
FYI, I changed a pozi3 for a 2, then went back to drive a pozi3 without changing the bit...the p2 shattered and spat hot metal over my eyes...
Safety first, methinks...so i put my safety specs on, but the light level was low already, so i stepped through the plasterboard ceiling and crushed my nuts on the purlin...
Apart from that, I took a day off today and drove to Dunfermline, over the new Queensferry Crossing, and that is a beautiful piece of engineering...so actually, I felt quite good!
Normal service will be resumed...sometime.

I have been wanting to do the central station tour for a long while but every time I’ve tried to book it Something has come up and I’ve not been able to do it

It's even more frustrating when people wear baseball caps hovering on top of their head. What is the point in wearing the hat then? It'll just blow away

It's a great tour. I thought it would be all about trains...but it wasn't.
Work hoodies I understand, but as the go-to leisure garment, I am not convinced. Mind you, I may be judging the book by its cover...which is fine by me.

It's a great tour. I thought it would be all about trains...but it wasn't.
Work hoodies I understand, but as the go-to leisure garment, I am not convinced. Mind you, I may be judging the book by its cover...which is fine by me.
Baseball cap on head, hood over it...baseball cap on backwards...ok some of the great tennis players do that...this stereotyping is harder than I thought!

Pete. I’d love to see a pic of you in a hoody and tracky bottoms with the crotch round the knees. If you can pose with your skate board you may persuade me to change my opinion.:cool:
Got my H the H Hoody, Traky bottoms are reserved for lounging watching TV oh and wine tasting, not to much though, and I don't own a skate board, if I did I doubt very much that I could balance on it, hard enough standing up straight normally, nothing to do with red wine either.

It's even more frustrating when people wear baseball caps hovering on top of their head. What is the point in wearing the hat then? It'll just blow away
Come on Matthew get with the program mate, it's called street cred, or looking like a Divvy for you and me.

pet hate.... divvys with jeans crotch down by the knees and the underpants"designer" logo on show below 3" of bum crack.

JK, I was in Possilpark having been to the dual show that comprises screwfix and toolstation. However, now that the latter have opened a new branch 50 yards from the former, in Anniesland, I will be going to that neck of the woods instead.
Possilpark
Easterhouse
Clydebank
Summerston
such pretty names, if one was not familiar with the Glasgow area one might opt for one of these rather than, say, Bearsden...

For those of you unfamiliar with the pronunciation it is Bears Den, as in a big brown bear, and a den...not beersdin, as so many radio newsreaders like to say...
just getting that in there. I mean they've got an excuse with Welsh placenames, for sure! Plenty weird pronunciations for English places too, so not unique...
Where was I? Oh, yes...not many hoodies in Bearsden!
The End.

see about weird pronunciation, in our neck of the woods is a village.....Cholmondley, pronounced Chumley.

And now for another rendition of that famous old Glasgow song:

Oh! I belong to Glasgow,
Dear old Glasgow toon.
But what's the matter with Glasgow,
For there's Hoodies all around..

Reply to Ok, I know it's just me...but what is it with "hoodies"? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock