Discuss Old GE DB boards. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rikkitiki

Hi,

I have something coming up soon and it is running a new 63 amp supply in a hotel. The current DB is GE board. As we know new 63 amp triple pole breakers are as rare as rocking horse feet. Does anyone know what the next best fit will be. Have heard Hager is a good match.

I know it won't be that same but could be the next best thing.

Thanks

Id be cautious of going down this path, a slight misalignment of busbar clamps or slight height differences can causes excess stresses, poorly fitting lids etc

As i assume the board is obsolete as well as the breakers maybe you should be expressing the issue with the customer explaining that you mcb will meet BS 60898 and the old ones have been phased out, what type are the old ones out of interest.

I have a sneaky suspicion that we have a stock of them back at the yard in Bucks , if you can post a picky of the one you want I should be able recognize if they are the ones !?
If we have got one , I would be happy to let it go for a very fair price .
I am 130 miles away at the moment at home , but will be down there in the morning .

Well there in lies the conundrum, I am about the same distance from the job so will only be seeing it tomorrow so will have a better look then but form the pics I have been sent. It is a 12 way board and the old GE 3P MCCB would have been the 432952 on a FD frame. Which in turn would have been mounted on an adapter NR 410579.

Surely there is an safe and easy way to get this job done and not have to replace the entire board. I will note on the certification that the board needs replacing and moving forward, but this needs to be up and running safely soon.

Thanks

Reply to Old GE DB boards. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net