Discuss Old style switch mechanisms available? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

glencast

Does anybody know if there is a product you can buy new that can replace the original mechanisms in switches like the early crabtree and Britmac ones? I have several where the cast housing is perfect but the switch itself needs replacing!

Attachments

• crabtree switch.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 41
several site on tinternet do the complete switches. don't know if you can buy just the switch bit.

yep I have seen them as well, as mentioned there are sites who do them, I would suggest a google or pop into your wholesalers

Clipsal do a complete range of ye oldey fashioned switches complete with the wooden back surrounds. Here's a catalogue, I'm sure any UK Clipsal agent could supply them.

I doubt you'll find the original switch components you're after.

Theres a company called Olivers,they advertise in professional electrician magazine and they do the old style switches,depending on whats gone on them you can recon them yourself,if your old enough to know how but obviously cost comes into it time versus replacement unit.

Reply to Old style switch mechanisms available? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

As per normal I was in a rush and didn't get enough information. I was working in an apartment that didn't have any power and when I went to...
Replies
Views
Hola! I’m in the process of renovating an apartment in Madrid. The consumer unit is fitted with an old 15amp ICP switch. I believe its function...
Replies
Views
This could possible have been a poll, but really just opening up for suggestions and feedback on where folks think an isolation switch for an...
Replies
Views
I am upgrading garage lighting. I have installed 12 40W batten lights (cheap Amazon variety - don’t have specs). 6A breaker in Garage consumer...
Replies
Views
Hi, does anyone know where I can buy a replacement light fitting like the one in the picture? It takes a s15 bulb 284mm and the length can be no...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock