Discuss old type rewireable fuse board. in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all after some advice I've bee asked to install a electric oven and hob the old fuse board could do with up grading well that's my view due to being old rewireable fuses the oven is 6kw now a sparky said to me just install it on it own circuit which I have no problem with so I'll talk you through my plan split the tails using a Henley block new tails to 2way unit 40A dp rcd mcb 32A run my 6mm2 cable

Or just upgrade the old which has 2x6a lighting 1x kitchen ring 32a 1x front room ring 32a
1xup stairs ring 32a 1x garage 32a 1x washing machine 32a

Hi all after some advice I've bee asked to install a electric oven and hob the old fuse board could do with up grading well that's my view due to being old rewireable fuses the oven is 6kw now a sparky said to me just install it on it own circuit which I have no problem with so I'll talk you through my plan split the tails using a Henley block new tails to 2way unit 40A dp rcd mcb 32A run my 6mm2 cable

Or just upgrade the old which has 2x6a lighting 1x kitchen ring 32a 1x front room ring 32a
1xup stairs ring 32a 1x garage 32a 1x washing machine 32a

Not really for us to decide. Why don't you quote the client for both with explanations of costs and advantages. Then let them make decision.

The fuse ratings sound unusual for rewireables. I'd even consider moving the washing machine onto the upstairs ring's fuse and use its one via an RCD. Depends on whether the client feels their circumstances would run to an upgrade to an all-RCBO setup, or just a bare minimum for compliance of the new circuit, or something in between.

A washing machine circuit at 32A? I would guess someone has used the old cooker circuit to supply the washing machine, possibly.
As said above it is what the customer wants to do, having RCD protection would be an advantage to the whole installation, but if the customer wants the minimum then go for the standalone circuit.

Edit: too slow already said!

Mr Brown, you are listed on your profile as a maintenance technician. Will you be notifying this board change to building control ?

Reply to old type rewireable fuse board. in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net