Discuss old wylex board in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

sparksburnout

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Now, I know this is a c**p question, but iv'e got my tin hat on and am braced ready. I am trying to help the son of a mate of mine who has bought a house miles away, but wants some advice. The only information on the CU i can get is that it is a 10 way wylex, with 5 ways on it's left hand side that are fed directly off the main 100A switch, and 5 ways on the right hand side that are fed off an RCCD. I don't think it is a DIN type. He wants some power in the garage, I would preferably do this via a non-RCD protected way in the CU>SWA>RCD garage CU etc. This seems quite possible given that there are 2 spare ways on the LHS bay. Thing is, what is the chance of getting an MCB that will fit this board? Any of you guys any idea what this board might be and if it's possible to get breakers for it? Apparently it has had an EICR done recently and is OK otherwise, and obviously wants the most cost effective solution. Meter tails enter through the wall straight into the CU and would be a pig to tap into to fit a separate CU to feed another board. I am really just wondering if anyone recognises this board from the rubbish description, and how likely the chance of getting spare MCB's for this and older boards generally??

Now, I know this is a c**p question, but iv'e got my tin hat on and am braced ready. I am trying to help the son of a mate of mine who has bought a house miles away, but wants some advice. The only information on the CU i can get is that it is a 10 way wylex, with 5 ways on it's left hand side that are fed directly off the main 100A switch, and 5 ways on the right hand side that are fed off an RCCD. I don't think it is a DIN type. He wants some power in the garage, I would preferably do this via a non-RCD protected way in the CU>SWA>RCD garage CU etc. This seems quite possible given that there are 2 spare ways on the LHS bay. Thing is, what is the chance of getting an MCB that will fit this board? Any of you guys any idea what this board might be and if it's possible to get breakers for it? Apparently it has had an EICR done recently and is OK otherwise, and obviously wants the most cost effective solution. Meter tails enter through the wall straight into the CU and would be a pig to tap into to fit a separate CU to feed another board. I am really just wondering if anyone recognises this board from the rubbish description, and how likely the chance of getting spare MCB's for this and older boards generally??
I'm gonna take a real stab in the dark and say it is wylex board full of wylex mcb's,still readily available from any wholesaler.
Get him to take a photo of an mcb up and send it to you, then put it up on here for us to have a look.

^^^^ best advice. get a pic. chances are most of us will have some of these MCBs hoarded away anyway,

^^^^ best advice. get a pic. chances are most of us will have some of these MCBs hoarded away anyway,
Hehe I KNEW you lads were going to say this.... I asked him to get a pic but he's not managed it so far, probably got more interesting things on his brain like enticing some local filly into his new den. It was just a bit of a punt to see if it was likely that MCB's were available. I will ask him again.............

I'm gonna take a real stab in the dark and say it is wylex board full of wylex mcb's,still readily available from any wholesaler.
Get him to take a photo of an mcb up and send it to you, then put it up on here for us to have a look.
Now, now. I did say it was a c**p question! Didn't realise that this older stuff was readily available though........ta

Now, now. I did say it was a c**p question! Didn't realise that this older stuff was readily available though........ta
Sparks get a range numbers off an mcb it will be something like nsb etc , One of us should have one floating about!!

Sparks get a range numbers off an mcb it will be something like nsb etc , One of us should have one floating about!!
Nice one. I will impress upon laddo the need for photographic evidence. Of the MCB, of course, not the filly. On second thoughts, the filly might be more interesting??

Reply to old wylex board in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock