Discuss Oliver's Mount in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

hightower

Any of you lot going to Oliver's Mount at the weekend for the road racing, or at least watching it on the TV? I'm sure I read somewhere it was on Eurosport, but we're heading down first thing in the morning. It'll be my third year there on the trot, really enjoy Oliver's Mount and seems to be the only race I get to now I have responsibilities (1 year old).

Not
Any of you lot going to Oliver's Mount at the weekend for the road racing, or at least watching it on the TV? I'm sure I read somewhere it was on Eurosport, but we're heading down first thing in the morning. It'll be my third year there on the trot, really enjoy Oliver's Mount and seems to be the only race I get to now I have responsibilities (1 year old).
Not into road racing HT, but I imagine if you are interested in that stuff take a drive up the M1 for an our plenty of lunatics racing up and down every day free except fuel costs, lol enjoy the racing mate.

Ollies one of the best. I love my British Superbikes and normally get to Knockhill and Cadwell but haven't managed to this year. But Ollies, last year I was stood in the paddock and they come round corner 100+ and their helmets are about 2 yards away from you - brilliant!

We tend to spend a lot of time on the back straight, they don't half whizz down there and both wheels off the track for those with the biggest kahunas.

I can imagine that a lot of us on the forum have bikes, what do you have High Tower?
I've a 2002 TDM 900 in yellow. Have had it for 10 years, bought it to commute to see my girlfriend in Guildford from Bristol. Now we've been married 8 years she asked if I wanted to get rid of it! Not at all romantic, women!
Didn't mean to hijack - have a good time HT!

It was a great weekend. Brilliant weather for late September, some brilliant racing, and some special moments. Ian Bell's side car was paraded by his son, and even Guy Martin showed up with his Pikes Peak Challenge bike to do a few laps - what a monster!

RPA - I have a Fazer 600 as my standard run around, and an '81 Kwak 440LTD that has been going through a rebrand for 2 years (children pah!). When I got my new van I asked the missus if I should sell the bikes to help subsidise it - her response: "don't be a pillock, you're not selling your bikes" :)

When I got my new van I asked the missus if I should sell the bikes to help subsidise it - her response: "don't be a pillock, you're not selling your bikes" :)
I guess not all women are the same! Glad you had the weather with you - important for a bike race meet.
Ltd 440 I'll bet you sit inside that thing! they do take a time don't they? I sold an unfinished SRX 600 Yamaha to make the space in the shed and got £500 with it in bits! Always good to have a classic tucked away but nearly impossible to finish whilst working and commitments.

Yeah there's a lot going on at the moment, far too much to worry about getting the Kwak ready. Maybe when the little one is a little older. Past 3 years I've ridden rain, wind, sun or snow (literally), clocking up about 12k miles a year on it. This year, with the new venture etc though I've done about 500 miles and feel terribly guilty about it sitting in the garage doing nothing.

At least it's sitting in a garage - doesn't matter whether used or not but always nice to be out on them. Would be great to get to the point in our business where you motorcycle to a job to quote the work. Will have to get the company logo on the leathers!
I was out on mine yesterday to go to a regular church in Romsey Hampshire from Bristol. 220 miles on my old mule. I need a new chain desperately but I think I'll do it just before the MOT in November and be careful until then!
Have a good week Hightower. Keep up the good work.

Reply to Oliver's Mount in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net