Discuss One for Gavin, a trip back in time in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Gavin, Milsom Steet, still there I hope. My old Boss when I was a Lad, had the contract to provide Christmas decorations on the shops and businesses on the whole length of the street.
Used to string TRS twin from building to building, using ladders, no Cherry pickers in those days, men where men and Sparkies were the dogs do dahs, finished the work, into the Saracen's Head for a pee up, is that Boozer still going? love to get back there on my own for a few days without Her in Doors in tow, visit all my old haunts, before I depart to the big Sparkie shop in the sky.

Saracens head is still going, It is the oldest pubs in bath, been refurbed inside and show some good sport. if you google saracens head bath you can see some of the pictures inside.
Milsom street has changed quite a bit , the cop shop is now a university tech centre and the shops are mainly small bars or restaurants now.
you should get on google earth and explore area on street view.

Saracens head is still going, It is the oldest pubs in bath, been refurbed inside and show some good sport. if you google saracens head bath you can see some of the pictures inside.
Milsom street has changed quite a bit , the cop shop is now a university tech centre and the shops are mainly small bars or restaurants now.
you should get on google earth and explore area on street view.
I'll give it a shot thanks

Reply to One for Gavin, a trip back in time in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

This is quite lengthy so get comfy... I had a bizarre call out relating to a job I attended about five years ago. The situation was they were...
Replies
Views
I installed outdoor lighting and outlets. I finished this past year. I passed my inspection on April 2022. I was so pleased, BUT now the circuit...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, So basically like a few other people, I really need some advice from some professional electricians and found this forum so I really...
Replies
Views
T
Hi all, great site and sorry for the long post - I'm after some advice as I don't have total confidence in the 4 sparkies I've currently used with...
Replies
Views
Please take some time to read through this. It is written by Widdler's father. I found it on a governement website.. It certainly speaks my mind...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock