Discuss One power supply 2 devices - help with switches needed please in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi all,

I'm making a hopefully simple easier pump system to do small water changes on my reef tank.

I need some help please to confirm my circuitry so I know I'm using the right switches ratings etc

I'm going to be using the following:
1x 12v 1amp DC power supply
Connected too 1x emergency stop button rated AC 660v 10a
Connected too 1x changeover switch on/off/on AC 660v 25a
Connected to 2x 12v 3w water pumps.

Adverts give no more info than above. One pump to pump out water one pump to pump in fresh water powering one at a time.

I'm struggling to find Dc rated switches for the type I'm after so I'm hoping I can get away with those switches?

Any thoughts or advice please.

Ok I've found a stop switch/ cut out switch rates at 5a DC but nothing lower, is this still ok? I'm wondering what the risk would be if I used the the original crossover switch I mentioned earlier straight after this as I'm struggling to find a decent switch.
Any power surges should blow at the stop switch before it gets to the crossover switch am I right?
By the way I'm only shopping on Amazon nowhere else.
Thanks

Beware of cheap stuff from Amazon, most of it is produced in a Chinese sweat shop...

You will be fine switching DC @ 12V if they are rated at 660V AC.

DC is more difficult to break an arc on switching but at the loads and voltage you have it wont be an issue.

Reply to One power supply 2 devices - help with switches needed please in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net