Discuss One question regarding filling the PIR. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nazoom

I am still training to become qualified. I have the following question regrading filling the Schedule of Inspection for Periodic inspection report.

When do we use N/A and when do we use N/V? I am slightly unsure when may be some examples will help.

Many Thanks

N/A means that its not applicable ie if the are no selv or pelv

N/V should not really be used on the Schedule of Inspection as the tester should be checking and ticking, N/A or failing the listed items

(N/V i suppose could be used if there was some agreed limitations listed ie the client does not want downlights taken down to check if they are fire rated in case the ceiling gets damaged)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still training to become qualified. I have the following question regrading filling the Schedule of Inspection for Periodic inspection report.

When do we use N/A and when do we use N/V? I am slightly unsure when may be some examples will help.

Many Thanks

You should be completing the new Electrical Installation Condition Report now, not the old PIR.

Cheers...........Howard

PS,

N/V = Not Verified
N/A = Not Applicable

LIM is for a limitation to the inspection and test, this is agreed with the tester and the client. If you cant isolate part of the install, then you have a LIMitation.

Not Verified means that you could not verify a part of the installation, such as, you got continuity on a bonding conductor between the earth terminal and a pipe, but you couldnt verify that it was connected to the water pipe, cos you couldnt see it, some knob had hidden it behind a cupboard or similar. You got a reading, but couldnt verify it was connected properly.

Cheers.........Howard

LIM is for a limitation to the inspection and test, this is agreed with the tester and the client. If you cant isolate part of the install, then you have a LIMitation.

Not Verified means that you could not verify a part of the installation, such as, you got continuity on a bonding conductor between the earth terminal and a pipe, but you couldnt verify that it was connected to the water pipe, cos you couldnt see it, some knob had hidden it behind a cupboard or similar. You got a reading, but couldnt verify it was connected properly.

Cheers.........Howard

If you can't isolate all or part of the install it should be noted in the "limitations", then it is an N/V ie it can't be verified as it is a limitation. Then again........ Cheers Billy

So is it safe to say that it is unlikely we use N/V or LIM for Periodic Reporting?

Thanks.

the other way round nazoom
on an initial inspection of new wiring there shouldnt be any n/v or lim's as you should have confirmed all requirements as you go along
but on a periodic inspection limitations are common due to access etc.

N/A.... there's no way you're having sex tonight.

N/V.... i might if you're nice to me

LIM.... OK then, but don't you dare get me pregnant.

I never use N/V, I always put LIM and fill in the agreed or operational area of the test sheet with why its a LIM.

A clasic one is the Main service fuse I would put LIM and in the operational limitation box put unable to varify size and rateing of main service fuse.The tick sheet on the click NIC software doesnt even have N/V as an option.

Reply to One question regarding filling the PIR. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net