Discuss one side of the 13a double socket is giving me a trip reading for zs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

baazab

-
Reaction score
hi im doing second fix on one of the re-wire house, down ring and today i was doing my zs test i tested all sockets but one side of the twin double socket is reading trip then the other side of the same socket is fine,im useing megger mft 1553(no trip) setting.pls help

When testing, you testing the fixed wirng on a socket circuit that would end at the connections to the socket, using a socket tester is merely for ease of testing on a Zs test

When testing, you testing the fixed wirng on a socket circuit that would end at the connections to the socket, using a socket tester is merely for ease of testing on a Zs test

are u saying that the socket doesnt need to be included in a Zs test?

Interesting point of view, never gave it much thought, I was about to agree with Archy but, maybe you have a point Dillb

Dillb and Archy both have fair points but far me im with Archy, because by doing the test on the load side of the sockets you can flag up dodgy readings on cheap sockets which is what started this post so I think it makes sense to test the output of sockets , just my opinion.

All down to how you interpret an "electrical installation" within the BGB ...... for me it means everything attached to the 'wiring', and as best as you can test it for in this case Zs

Reply to one side of the 13a double socket is giving me a trip reading for zs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Ok i may get slated for this one but here goes; A bit of background info first. Its been a while since ive looked at my iee regs, and ive not...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Hi All New to this forum, have read the posts on here from google but only recently signed up. I'm having some issues and some input would be...
Replies
Views
Slightly strange one this, replaced a few socket fronts in a dining room today, all wiring original but new plasterboard on a studded wall. Its a...
Replies
Views
Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock