Discuss One smelly factory - can you identify what the pile is of? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

bits of bone for putting in pet food?

Its cows hoof nails if thats what you call them... yes a technicality but not bone as such, it also has all the other body parts of the usual farm animals from pigs ears and snouts to chicken feet - Jobs I do are ok there but I stink foul when Ive done....:sad3:

Ive worked in a mortuary and of all the smells thats the worst Ive ever experienced, the smell of the dead is pre-disposed to be extremely repulsive to you and the first time it was 2 days before I could eat again the smell lingered for days in my nose - it would take the toughest down and takes some getting used to.

There is a sewage works beside one of our factories, every now and again a fella actually shovels sh*te down a chute into a skip on the ground. The seagulls do be diving into the skip to retrieve a free meal, you have to get inside or you'd be sick.

On another note their is also an abbatoir in the industrial estate, whenever they be burning off the skin/hydes there is a lovely smell of bacon, you do be starving

There is a sewage works beside one of our factories, every now and again a fella actually shovels sh*te down a chute into a skip on the ground. The seagulls do be diving into the skip to retrieve a free meal, you have to get inside or you'd be sick.

On another note their is also an abbatoir in the industrial estate, whenever they be burning off the skin/hydes there is a lovely smell of bacon, you do be starving
the insinerators give off a smell?

not long after i started the day at that farm i couldnt smell anything for days, they got through at least 5 buckets of still born on the first day

Ive worked in a mortuary and of all the smells thats the worst Ive ever experienced, the smell of the dead is pre-disposed to be extremely repulsive to you and the first time it was 2 days before I could eat again the smell lingered for days in my nose - it would take the toughest down and takes some getting used to.
I agree with darkwood that the smell of dead bodies in a "fridge" is one that you can't get out quickly.
I find the colour more off putting than the smell though, a hellish mottled yellow/blue.
i get work at a funeral directors place and had to fix the light in the fridge
no problem I thought til I got there and the fridge was jam packed with 15 bodies in it.
after moving a few stretchers around I got near the light and fixed it.
and then shimmied all the stretchers back in order.
i take my hat off to the boys that do that everyday.

I agree with darkwood that the smell of dead bodies in a "fridge" is one that you can't get out quickly.
I find the colour more off putting than the smell though, a hellish mottled yellow/blue.
i get work at a funeral directors place and had to fix the light in the fridge
no problem I thought til I got there and the fridge was jam packed with 15 bodies in it.
after moving a few stretchers around I got near the light and fixed it.
and then shimmied all the stretchers back in order.
i take my hat off to the boys that do that everyday.

Was the lamp a longlife by any chance just for the irony of it.

Reply to One smelly factory - can you identify what the pile is of? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net