Discuss Oops. Drilled through a cable. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Stupidly, I drilled through an FP cable, close to a Call Point. It’s plastered into the wall.
Now, Can I chase and reveal the cable, crimp the conductors, use heatshrink and plaster back in?

It would be a hell of a lot easier than any other method but I want to do it correctly.

Cheers in advance.

Nice of the OP to come back and thank you fellas, what a nice guy :(

Sincere thanks to all who helped. Very much appreciated. Apologies for the late reply, I was away and tend not to sit on a computer while I’m out enjoying myself.
To those petty little twerps that do. Have a little look at yourselves.

Again, your great advice is much appreciated.

Sincere thanks to all who helped. Very much appreciated. Apologies for the late reply, I was away and tend not to sit on a computer while I’m out enjoying myself.
To those petty little twerps that do. Have a little look at yourselves.

Again, your great advice is much appreciated.
And to those petty little twerps who come on here, ask a question and then don't bother to come back for 4 days, take a look at yourself.

Reply to Oops. Drilled through a cable. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Absolute rookie error… renovating the downstairs bathroom and drilled a hole in the wall for a shelf, went straight through the cable for the...
Replies
Views
Hello. Just a lowly homeowner here who is beginning to panic after a major house renovation regarding relocation of the main supply cable to the...
Replies
Views
I'm having a bit of a disaster at the minute and would like an honest opinion. I am having a gas stove fitted in the corner of my room and...
Replies
Views
I'm working on a site in the UK where a joinery company will be installing bespoke vanity cabinets. The cabinets will have MDF/mirrored doors with...
Replies
Views
Hi all my dad was an electrician and did work on my house in the early 2000s , i had plaster wall lights and am now in the process of redecorating...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock