Discuss Optima Compact Alarm Fault in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi have an Optima Compact alarm panel, when I set it just keeps beeping, if I set It and open and close the front door it sets, but if I open the front door as if coming home, the alarm goes off straight away. No 1 zone is the timed zone, so I have it in the right connection. Very grateful for some help.

Your door contact is goosed.It sounds like its stuck in the closed position making the panel think that the door is shut.When you come back in and open the door the panel doesn't respond and as you enter other zones,it thinks your a burglar,and goes off.
Replace the door contact and it should work again.
:)

Either that or zone 2 is picking you up ad you enter and it isn't programmed to 'entry route'. If any normal alarm zone picks you up between openng the door and turning the alarm off at the keypad it will go off. As above, has the alarm ever worked? How long have you set entry time too? And what exactly is the right connection?

Your door contact is goosed.It sounds like its stuck in the closed position making the panel think that the door is shut.When you come back in and open the door the panel doesn't respond and as you enter other zones,it thinks your a burglar,and goes off.
Replace the door contact and it should work again.
:)
Thanks for your help, I will change the door contact and let you know.

Either that or zone 2 is picking you up ad you enter and it isn't programmed to 'entry route'. If any normal alarm zone picks you up between openng the door and turning the alarm off at the keypad it will go off. As above, has the alarm ever worked? How long have you set entry time too? And what exactly is the right connection?
Hi thanks for your reply, zone 2 is not used, PIR zones are not entered before reaching panel.

panel might need re-programming.test door contact with meter. door closed = low ohms .door open = open circuit.

+ and - should definitely not be in your zone connections, and most door contacts unless grade 3 don't have these connevtions. Houston we have a problem

Reply to Optima Compact Alarm Fault in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net