Discuss Optima XM burglar alarm - Can't use keypad in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'm having problems with my Optima XM burglar alarm.
Yesterday the outside alarm suddenly went off. I removed the battery
from the conteol box. The details printed on it were : 'Sealed Lead Acid Battery 12V 2.2Ah'.
I visited a DIY shop and they said they had the same battery but it was a 12v 2.3Ah. The retailer stated that the 0.1Ah shouldn't make any difference. Was he right ?
Anyway I bought it. During fitting the new battery, the internal alarm was set off, so I immediately entered the code to silence it. After this the red tamper light lit up. I then opened the front door and the outside alarm had stopped ringing at last !
However, whenever I attempted to put the cover back on the box it set off the internal alarm.
That evening ,I left the front cover off the alarm with just the red power and tamper lights on. This morning I noticed that the red tamper light had gone out, so only the power light was on. I managed to put the cover back on without the alarm sounding. However when I started to enter the code on the keypad nothing happened. In fact none of the keys were operable. The keyboard was completely dead. Not sure where I go from here, so could anyone help please.

Have you tried powering down the panel completely (remove mains & battery), then powering it up again? (Mains then battery)

looks that you have locked your self out ,the only way to reset back to factory test conditions

power it down, mains and batt, then power up. should sound internal. try the code 0123.

I've had something similar to this with an Optima XM... no matter what I tried (even replaced all sensors and tamper link with shorting links), I couldn't get anything out of the panel.

In the end, it was replaced with an Accenta G4 Mini.

Reply to Optima XM burglar alarm - Can't use keypad in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net