Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Orders for March?

Discussion in 'Solar PV Forum' started by solarcat, Feb 27, 2012.

Discuss Orders for March? in the Solar PV Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. solarcat

solarcat Regular EF Member

Hi All,

just wondering whether it's me or the market..only have 2 orders in for March whilst before this crazy mess started in October I used to have 6-7 per month! Are you having any better luck?

2. SRE

SRE Trusted Advisor

Wish I had 2!!!!!!! We usually have the same as you - 6/7 a month.

Not even any prospects ......

3. jupestar

jupestar Regular EF Member

Got 10kwp booked in for the 14th. and a second 10kwp date to be confirmed (on a school). getting concerned about April..

4. PAGE Renewable

PAGE Renewable Guest

Absolutely nothing....not even any phone enquiries in the last 2 weeks.

5. solarcat

Thanks everyone...at least now I know that it's not just me being a terrible salesperson...
    Trouble is it looks like prices are not going to decrease any further, and at present the best I can offer for a 4 kWp system installed with good Chinese panels is £8.5-9k, which results in a not very appetizing ROI considering money is blocked for 11 years..

6. SRE

SRE Trusted Advisor

Remember that we were selling on an 11 year payback this time last year and customers thought that was fine. I think it's a period of adjustment for the public as well as for installers. I'd just like a customer to talk to ...

7. solarcat

That's true, we did manage to sell on a 11 year payback last year, but there was so much less competition...anyways, being too negative doesn't help, let's get back to work (more thinking work than actually doing anything..)!

8. TedM

TedM Electrician's Arms

The November/December rush took about 6 months worth of customers out of the 'normal' pipeline, even before you allow for any decrease due to tariff changes. Two years worth if you compare it to the level of sales 12 months ago.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  9. SolarRoofSols

SolarRoofSols Regular EF Member

We are not getting anything either, though to be honest we have not put any money into marketing since Christmas. We have the prospect of doing some installs for a rent a roofer and generating our own leads, but those we have been getting through are rejects from ASG and the like.

Lets hope that the dust will settle soon and homeowners will stop thinking about what they 'could have made' thanks to the negative spin that the media have put on the fiasco!

10. babba

babba Regular EF Member

None at the moment I cant see there being a big pre april rush. We buy in leads but are not turning them on till the end of the week.
    I can see things being slow. I think there is still a good return on 21p.

11. Somecamel

Somecamel Solar Guru

My costs are pretty low so not overly worried about pricing but a few more leads would be nice.

Only thing that worries me is the amount of unheard brands coming out. Nice and cheap but will they last the course.

12. solarcat

That's right, in order to keep prices low we're all being tempted by tons of unheard cheapish brands...risky stuff if you ask me but competition is tough too when you have mouths to feed!

13. Somecamel

Somecamel Solar Guru

Won't go into prices on here but was shocked when I saw the prices of the LDK's. Check Segen

How low can you go :)

14. pwboston

pwboston Regular EF Member

They have been that price elsewhere for quite some time now. No orders for March as of yet, we will carry on contracting, and see what happens

15. solarcat

LDK panels have been around that price for a while, by all accounts all PV manufacturers are delivering worrying financial results to their shareholders due to prices being too unsustainably low.