Discuss other trades in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Mike Blair

ok so... 2 things i have seen

1: putting a toilet and a sink in the same room as the consumer unit.. room must of been 2 meter squire.. any one else think that's weird?

2: go to do a job adding some new leds..... i see the ring circuit clipped to the brick wall..then dot and dabbed with plaster board just stuck on over it??

Last edited by a moderator:
It keeps all the sh-te in the same location but seems an excellent decision
Its good to know its nicely supported,dangling loose is much less pleasing

What do you think should be done in both cases ?

2 CPCs in the same bit of sleeving.
Idiots who cut cables stupidly short making retermination difficult.
Those things boil my wee (amongst many, many others)

ok so... 2 things i have seen which kind of grinned my gears

1: putting a toilet and a sink in the same room as the consumer unit.. room must of been 2 meter squire.. any one else think that's weird?

2: go to do a job adding some new leds..... i see the ring circuit clipped to the brick wall..then dot and dabbed with plaster board just stuck on over it??

Nothing wrong with that, theres a brand new Charles church estate I'd done a bit of work on and all the consumer units are in the downstairs toilet above the sistern so you have to lean over the toilet to get to it, makes life awkward.

2. What's wrong with that?

what if the toilet/sink over flows? and for sockets at least a bit of capping

what if the toilet/sink over flows?
If you can't fix the waterworks,maybe get a plumber
other trades {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

sockets at least a bit of capping
By all means.lots of people find it helpful to get the cables in position,do or don't do,whatever feels good
other trades {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

If it overflows and manages to fill the room to the level of consumer unit I'd be shocked! You would probably be talking of 1500 litres of water or more.

it makes no odds of water goes on a socket, it can easily be replaced with a new one.

Nothing wrong with that, theres a brand new Charles church estate I'd done a bit of work on and all the consumer units are in the downstairs toilet above the sistern so you have to lean over the toilet to get to it, makes life awkward.

2. What's wrong with that?
it's when it's mounted up to ceiling so you have to stand on the bog to access it. several new build estates round here done like that.

it's when it's mounted up to ceiling so you have to stand on the bog to access it. several new build estates round here done like that.

I hate boards that are hard against the ceiling as you cant get your screwdriver in straight to the bar at the top half the time, having said that, the new Design 30 hager board, its a bit lower the rail.

ok so... 2 things i have seen which kind of grinned my gears

Hope u havent been rubbishing the work to the homeowner!

just had a know it all 'sparky' from british gas telling a customer of mine the intruder alarm spur i fitted for him is 'illegal' because it had no rcd protection, even though it was in trunking!

THAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS!

Reply to other trades in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock