Discuss our oven is tripping the fuse box in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

john-ellis

Hi All,

We have an hotpoint electrical fan oven, that is tripping the fuse box when it gets over 160 degrees, it should be able to get over 200 degrees.

I thought it may be the thermostat, but why would that cut the power to the fuse box, has anyone got any tips on what to look at first.

Thanks very much

John

I take it that you have an RCD on your fusebox and you have to reset it , what could be happening is that the high temperature is causing part on the ovens cabling to break down or as you have said the element is getting to hot or is damaged and when its heating up its causing a short , you should seek expert advice from a ocal domestic appliance engineer or electrician

hi nickblake,

yes we have an rcd on the fuse box, we just flick the big switch back up and the power comes back on, the heat element was changed last year so its fairly new, I will have a look at changing the element and also the thermostat and see what happens.

cheers

john

think there's more than 1 element in the oven. maybe another 1 has gone.

i used to have a cooker that tripped the fuses. i traded her in for a young blonde

Reply to our oven is tripping the fuse box in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, Seeking some thoughts on my own Omega free standing 900mm oven. Over the past year the oven has been tripping the supplying RCBO unit. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, There's 2 single fan ovens in the house my mother recently moved into. Posh elecronic AEG units. It's been sat empty for a year, so the...
Replies
Views
I have an electric oven - now many years old. I have replaced the main circular 2.5kW oven element (ELEHY6708) several times over the years...
Replies
Views
Hiya, I have a 5yrs old Zanussi single built in fan oven. It has recently started tripping the RCD at the fuse box. Thinking and researching i...
Replies
Views
Hi All, My 1 and half Smeg cooker recently tripped when using the main fan oven. It was during quite a long period of cooking a roast. We reset...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock