Discuss Our thoughts go out to: in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Think we already knew, didn't we Pete.
As for their religion, if I aired my feelings about that & the Lowlife that does this and what I think should be done to them. I'd get banned from the forum for life.

Thing is: They know that whatever they do, retaliation if any will be minimal.
I think we all thought that it was an ISIS operation if you can call it that, but knowing and thinking are two different things, I agree with your comment about airing your feelings, it's a sad fact of life when you can't say what almost every one is thinking, still that's PC for you mate.

He was on the police radar. Yet allowed to wonder freely.. CCTV picked him up acting suspiciously but failed to do anything about it... the reason why I left the UK. There were places I couldn't walk in East London. Oh and the London mayor who just says terrorist attacks are just part of living in a big city. What a crock of rubbish...

I guess IS would claim responsibility for me stubbing my big toe, if they thought it would make them look great.

Truth is, these individuals and their mates will continue to commit atrocities with some bizarre connection to some faith or belief, that very few people align themselves to.

The world is full of crazy people, who have hatred in their hearts. To think it's a Muslim problem, is being disingenuous to yourself.

I hope the do gooders feel really proud now with their handywork.
I would not call the person who did this or anyone one that aided him a do gooder. You have a strange perspective of the world.
It's the same with the ban the bomb mob ; do they really believe that we need to be any more defenceless than we have become .
Our nuclear weapons didn't help here though, did they?

Well, I like to think that I do some good Ruston and I assume that you do too.
I feel safe in this country, it's impossible to be 100% safe unless we're all locked up.
It's a balance between freedom and security and I would not like to go down the totalitarian route. That's what Isis advocate.
We're one of the safest countries there is.

I know , but there is a difference between totalitarian and hindering the security services , that is what I was getting at.
I think we are singing from the same hymm book , but maybe did not make my post clear.

The UK is by far not one of the safest countries to live in... or are we forgetting the 7/7 bombings... the tower bridge hit and run? The Manchester bombing. The endless attempts that have been thwarted. If you live in a small town and village great. Your neighbourly spirit might still have some life. Not so fortunate in the big cities I'm afraid. I lived in a London suburb that was a gross representation of how multiculturalism has failed. But to speak against that or having an opinion makes you racist. A buzzword being thrown around all too often by the same people who bury their heads in the sand or live in affluent areas of the UK.

The people that do these sorts of things are brain washed from an early age. Can they be persuaded to go against what they are taught as a child, led to believe and what is ingrained in them so deeply? I'm not so sure. The "do gooders" believe they can!

The security services do a good job of thwarting lots of planned terrorist attacks (or so we are told). Unfortunately its impossible to anticipate everyone. I would guess its a difficult situation, U.K people expect their right to freedom and the U.K is a multicultural society.

The UK is not the safest countries to live, that title may fall to Singapore, apparently.

The UK, is one in the top twenty (depending on which survey you believe). However, that's just statistics. Consider nearly 1800 road deaths in GB (year ending March 2016) and over 187,000 casualties of all severity, which doesn't stop people from using vehicles etc, or clamour for change.

I did think this was a thread, to offer condolences to the people who have lost their lives and their families, but we've all seem to have got side tracked.

Our thoughts should be with them, I see there is a 'Just Giving' campaign set up by the BRC;

We Love Manchester Emergency Fund - https://www.justgiving.com/campaigns/charity/redcross/manchesteremergencyfund?utm_medium=email&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=20170524_

The thread gets side tracked because we're sick of the rinse. Wash repeat cycle that's systematically happening with these atrocities. You're right that we should drop this and offer our condolences.

Your right Midwest we did get sidetracked. Unfortunately as ruston said it was perhaps inevitable that we would, the strength of feeling & disgust being what it is.

Could we please get the thread back on track.

I can only apologise for any distress caused by the thread to any Friends / Relatives of the Lost / Wounded, it was in no way the intention of my original posting.

Reply to Our thoughts go out to: in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock