Discuss Outdoor socket notifiable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sorry to go over old ground but just need clarification. I have extended the ring main in a kitchen and customer now wants an outdoor socket. Is this now notifiable?
I believe not as ammended rules state notifiable for new DB, new circuit, work in special location?
Thanks.

Sorry to go over old ground but just need clarification. I have extended the ring main in a kitchen and customer now wants an outdoor socket. Is this now notifiable?
I believe not as ammended rules state notifiable for new DB, new circuit, work in special location?
Thanks.

Was the ring extension in a *kitchen* not notifiable in the first place? Note to self to get up to speed with the Building Regs changes.

Part P has different rules depending on whether you are in gods country (Wales) or in the badlands (England) ....... the part of the kingdom we are hopefully getting rid of soon (Scotland) has its own way of doing things!

Haha....i am in Badlands.
Just read ADP and notifiable for installation of a new circuit, new consumer unit and addition, alteration in special location.

Not quite.
The definition of a bathroom special location in BS7671 is different to a bathroom special location in part P 2013.
Work is only notifiable in England if alterations have taken place within the zones defined in section 701 of the regs.

Approved doc P, 2013 edition:

In England the scope of notifiable work has been cut back to:
New CU;
New circuit;
Change or addition to a special location, which is bath or shower zones 0, 1 and 2 only, plus rooms containing a swimming pool or sauna heater.

So no notification required in this case (in England).

And presumably (from the kitchen rfc) if you run swa 20M across your garden and mount it in your shed, it is not notifiable

Correct. Only notifiable if it's a new circuit, even if outdoors.

I think it's crazy, myself. For the amount of work that has to be notified, it's hardly worth bothering to stay registered.

Reply to Outdoor socket notifiable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net