Discuss Outside lights in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well they could have done but didn't think this at the time. somebody else has gone in and changed it to flex or fp on the wall bare with no protection and just clipped about 6 inch above the shale which in my opinion is worse as the cable could get damaged and touched!
Bit confused now about the FP.

Yeh it does sound worse actually. Should have gone in in black conduit at least. Doesnt sound like it meets reg 134. And presumably they still buried the lights in the shale?

who designed it, and who supplied the lights? because it's a pants design. the lights should go on the brickwork with short flexes into ad, boxes fed by SWA.

Hi, I've put some under ground lights in a restaurant with outside seating. The lights are in the ground but there is a kirb all the way around then some shale then a wall. I have come from armoured cable into a weather proof box. into a light sensor. then into a galvonised t box. this first t box is in the shale along with the rest of the wiring. from the t box with stuffing gland which goes to a ground light with flex which is fixed to the ground light. then also from the t box to another t box with armoured and then continues in the same pattern. Each t box has gasket and lid and is also filled with electricians silicone giving it ip68 compliance. I know there is a hundred opions about other ways it can be done BUT is there anything wrong with this way as this is the way I was taught and I don't believe it goes against any regs ? reason being is some other company has gone in and told them they need it all ripping out as it wrong

Reply to Outside lights in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net