Discuss Outside socket and broken MCB for Spa Bath in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cruz

Hi

I'm new here and I'm not an electrician but I came across this place when searching for answers to my problems.

I have just moved into a house that was re-wired in 2006.

There is a 2 way outside socket that has broken so I am looking to replace it and want to make sure I get the right replacement.
It is a non-rcd double socket that is wired into the kitchen socket ring. The kitchen sockets have their own mcb in the consumer unit. Is that why the outside plug is a non-rcd type?

------------------------------

There is a sas bath. The bath is protected by it's own mcb in the consumer unit that was tripped when we moved in. However the mcb switch is difficult to trip back up and when I can get the switch to trip back up the coloured window remains on green, it doesn't switch on. Does it just need the mcb replacing or is it more than that?

Thanks (and sorry if this is in the wrong section)

if the kitchen circuit is RCD protected, then you won't need another RCD for the outside socket. as fot the MCB, you need an electrician to sort that out. with the additional risks associated with spa baths/outside electrics, ot's imperative that the installation is thotoughly checked for safety before energising. several members not to far from you ,i'm sure could sort it for you without taking your pants down.

The MCB is still showing green because you are trying to reset it while there is still a fault on the circuit (though it is possible the MCB is broken).
Tel's advice is the correct approach.

Reply to Outside socket and broken MCB for Spa Bath in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net