Discuss Oven and hob connection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello all,

After some advice, a customer of mine has an aga and his wife has got terminal brain cancer meaning she keeps putting stuff on the hot aga forgetting it's on, sometimes even burning herself. He has come to me asking me to fit an oven and a hob for them alongside the aga so they can turn the aga off when the weather gets warmer to prevent any accidents. Both oven and hob are 2.99kw each and have plug tops. It's going to be very tricky getting a supply to the area without causing a fair bit of damage. Threres currently a twin socket on the wall where they will be going but I'm not comfortable putting both on the same ring. Would you put them on the same ring or run a supply in?

Thanks

run a separate supply. you might just get away with a 2.5mm radial depending on reference method, but a 4mm on a 32A MCB would be my choice.

So sorry to hear of their troubles.
One thought for discussion - split the rfc into 2 radials (ea 20A) at the closest outlet and plug one into ea. This is my attempt to avoid heavy point load on the existing rfc.
But a new supply is clearly best :)

Possibly offer the choice of a crossover switch? i.e. oven or hob and put them on the ring. Or encourage a lower Kw on oven and hob. I might be tempted to put them on the ring after diversity calcs. Very dependant on clients plans for the future in such volatile circumstances, as well as what they can afford and take in terms of disruption.

Reply to Oven and hob connection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, we are replacing our old hob and cooker and I need a bit of help, to make sure all is safe. This is the oven and hob specs: AEG IKB64401FB...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Recently a mate had a new kitchen fitted, he's gone for an induction hob and pyrolytic oven, no gas at the property. At 1st fix a single...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm in the process of swapping out my 4 zone CDA induction hob for a 5 zone Bosch. Currently the existing wire starts as a 5 core cable...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for some clarification on MCB and cable sizes I need to run for a new kitchen. Cables will run through a combination of...
Replies
Views
Howdy experts, I normally run 6mm T+E for cooker circuits, housing authority spec. I'm changing my gas inbuilt double oven and hob for...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock