Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Oven and Hob - Wiring help needed in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Sam Sage

Sam Sage New EF Member

Hi Guys,
    I am after a bit of advice, I am fitting a new kitchen and I am having to spur off our old gas oven which has its own feed back to the box, Our new oven which will be all electric will be on the other side of the room with its nice new shiny Isolator, My question is will I be able to run the Hob and Oven off the same Isolator ?? I am pretty confident that I will but I just want to check first, it will be around 2 metres away from the original socket but as I am spurring it with suitable cable.

Thanks for your replies in advance

Sam

2. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    None
    What electrical loading is the new oven and hob?
    What size cble are you using?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Des 56

Des 56 Trusted Advisor

So you are diverting a "unknown to us"size of cable from a original position, via a unknown sized cable to a unknown rated hob and oven,there is no information on how its extended or whether it will feed a accessory at its original position

The protection for that circuit is also unknown, as is the means of routing the cable to its new position

You may need to provide a little more information before opinion can be given :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Gavin John Hyde

Gavin John Hyde Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Sulis Electrical Services Ltd
    I just have images of the Op playing with gas pipes and electric wires when trying to fathom it all out.... then BOOM! :fire::bomb::fireengine::ambulance:

5. Martyn Fletcher

Martyn Fletcher EF Member

Sounds like politics "We don't care what went before, lets make it good from here".

6. Matthewd29

Matthewd29 Regular EF Member

This doesn't sound like it will go to plan. At least not safely