• If you have electrical work available, then you are in the correct forum.

Post details of the position you have on offer in this forum. Domestic / homeowners are also welcome to post electrical work they have available on their property. Or you're welcome to seach for a Local Electrician in our directory.

Discuss Oven switch isolator is missing, C2 on EICR in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

This electrician job is going for grabs, please don't post contact details in this area of the forum. Use the forum messaging system instead.
Mike ....... I think this is more appropriate ....

MP.jpg

This was covered earlier.
You cannot "C anything" unless it contravenes a regulation in BS7671.
There is no regulation that says that ovens must have a point of isolation. There's mention of such a thing in the OSG book (written by the Brothers Grimm) but its a guide, and there's no corresponding regulation.

So, again, if someone cares to find a relavent regulation , and prove me wrong, then go ahead.

Thank you all for your views, interesting discussion as with few different opinions. I will install isolator after I've spoken to a client as means of convenience and to avoid any potential issue with BCO. I do also think it's isn't a requirement. The oven is electric which I think it's irrelevant.

Thanks

Thank you all for your views, interesting discussion as with few different opinions. I will install isolator after I've spoken to a client as means of convenience and to avoid any potential issue with BCO. I do also think it's isn't a requirement. The oven is electric which I think it's irrelevant.

Thanks

Whats the BCO got to do with it?

A always note it on an EICR if there is no appliance isolators
If I want to prove a point I download the installation manual for the appliance - these almost always state an isolator with a 3mm DP contact switch is required.
As manufacturers instructions over ride the regulations then it is a warranted observation.
IIRC it says something on the onsite guide about appliance isolators in kitchens , but I cant be bothered to go to the van as it is raining outside (book in van)

I have not got the new regs to hand (office needs a tidy)
The previous regs had
Section 134 ERECTION AND INITIAL VERIFICATION OF ELECTRICAL INSTALLATIONS
134.1 Erection
Regulation 134.1.1Good workmanship by competent persons or persons under their supervision and proper materials shall be used in the erection of the electrical installation, Electrical equipment shall be installed in accordance with the instructions provided by the manufacturer of the equipment.

PART 5 SELECTION AND ERECTION OF EQUIPMENT
CHAPTER 51 COMMON RULES
510.3 Every item of equipment shall shall be selected and erected so as to allow compliance with the regulations stated in this chapter and the relevant regulations in other parts of BS7671 and shall take account of manufacturers' instructions.

Reply to Oven switch isolator is missing, C2 on EICR in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net