Discuss Ovens and hobs!!! in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi there.

I'm at a place where they have 2 x 6mm feeds back to a mini ccu

there is an
induction job of 7.2KW
double oven 6.8 KW
single oven 3.68KW
microwave 1.22KW with a plug top.

Its been a while. But I was wondering what is the best solution to powering all these.

i.e. Both ovens on one 6mm (with their own respective isolator) and the mw plugged into this
and the hob on its own ?

After diversity. And given the 6mm is clipped direct would thay be suitable??

Thanks for any advice replied.

Hi there.

I'm at a place where they have 2 x 6mm feeds back to a mini ccu

there is an
induction job of 7.2KW
double oven 6.8 KW
single oven 3.68KW
microwave 1.22KW with a plug top.

Its been a while. But I was wondering what is the best solution to powering all these.

i.e. Both ovens on one 6mm (with their own respective isolator) and the mw plugged into this
and the hob on its own ?

After diversity. And given the 6mm is clipped direct would thay be suitable??

Thanks for any advice replied.
19kw before diversity and a choice of 1 or 2 6mm2 cables to use, why are we having a question from you regarding using 1 only?

No no no. Ha sorry. Maybe it's unclear. But I was meaning 2 ovens on one 6mm with a m/w plugged into a cooker switch with socket outlet...

and the hob which is the other side of the room to be on the other 6mm cable, with no other loads.

hob 7.2kw = 31.3A - 10A = 21.3A. 30% = 6.4
hob = 16.4 A

double oven 6.8kw = 29.6A - 10A = 19.6A. 30% = 5.88
doible oven = 15.9kw

single oven = 3.68kw = 16A - 10A = 6A. 30% = 1.8
single oven = 11.8Kw

Hob on one 6mm cable and alrwady have 32a MCB I could use (20A can be more appropriate?)

2 ovens on other cable
= 27.7A
+ 5A (microwave To be plugged in)

= 32.7A
will this be Okkay ticking away on 32A MCB...

also is that all correct above ? I think I remember rightly thay the 30% is of the remaining current after the 10a has been deducted....

thanks for your time.

Oh and this isnt an exam question or Anyrhjng. So please all the sceptics. Help away !
what sort of 'place' is this , seems an awful lot of cooking stuff for a domestic, or maybe it's big house where they cook a lot, or maybe some sort of café/diner where everything is in use all the time.

Nope. It's a domestic kitchen. For some wealthier than average people...
why is everything so long drawn out on here !!!

I can attach some ohotos if that would help alleviate your converns...

5 bed detached... 3 kids. Pregnant woman and husband
and a dog, but I don't think they'll be cooking for him much unfortunately !

Reply to Ovens and hobs!!! in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net