Discuss P.I.R Pricing in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Johno

Hello all, sorry for going on a bit.

I am pricing to do a PIR on a hotel, I called in today to have a quick look and there is a main islolator feeding 2 x 3 phase boards, each with approx 25 (single phase) circuits, 4 of which are sub-mains feeding other DBs around the hotel, these DBs has approx 15 circuits each.
So basically there is over 100 final circuits.

I believe that alot of sparks doing this kind of work charge approx £25 a circuit, if so that is obviously over £2500, which I reckon the customer would have heart failure.

I don't have much experience in testing installations this big, but I am ready to take the step up, however I am worried about pricing too high as the customer also has many properties, etc of which I get the work for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all, sorry for going on a bit.

I am pricing to do a PIR on a hotel, I called in today to have a quick look and there is a main islolator feeding 2 x 3 phase boards, each with approx 25 (single phase) circuits, 4 of which are sub-mains feeding other DBs around the hotel, these DBs has approx 15 circuits each.
So basically there is over 100 final circuits.

I believe that alot of sparks doing this kind of work charge approx £25 a circuit, if so that is obviously over £2500, which I reckon the customer would have heart failure.

I don't have much experience in testing installations this big, but I am ready to take the step up, however I am worried about pricing too high as the customer also has many properties, etc of which I get the work for.

Hi £25 is not far off the mark ,,, £21 is what alot of firms i work for pay,,, i did get £40 a circuit for testing recently but that is really rare

Are you allowing for inconvenience, not being able to turn stuff off, access to rooms etc, wrong designation charts hotels can be a pain.

I need to allow for worst case scenario, but don't want to scare them too much. I was thinking if I allow 2 weeks (as in 10 days) then that should more than cover it and I would be happy with £1500.

But I think even that would put the wind up them.

I need to allow for worst case scenario, but don't want to scare them too much. I was thinking if I allow 2 weeks (as in 10 days) then that should more than cover it and I would be happy with £1500.

But I think even that would put the wind up them.

£1500 is cheap , so if your happy they should be too

no, it will be me on my own, I used to have an apprentice, but thats another story entirely.

and it's only round the corner from my house and i can still finish a bit early to do little earners on the way home, so i reckon i will say £1500 and hopefully no one will under cut me and make up the test results.

cheers fellas, sometimes when you work for yourself there is no one to go to for advice, so this forum is good. I wish I found it a few years ago

no, it will be me on my own, I used to have an apprentice, but thats another story entirely.

and it's only round the corner from my house and i can still finish a bit early to do little earners on the way home, so i reckon i will say £1500 and hopefully no one will under cut me and make up the test results.

cheers fellas, sometimes when you work for yourself there is no one to go to for advice, so this forum is good. I wish I found it a few years ago

Good luck with this mate. I have never quoted for a testing job of this size, but even £2500 doesn't sound too bad for the amount of work involved, so your'e £1500 is a real bargain. Before you get concerned about his backside falling out when you give him the quote look at his prices per room per night. the cost of his drinks in the bar and any meals he may serve. A decent hotel with 10 or 15 full rooms will get most of £2500 back in one night, and he aint working half as hard as you are going to be doing.;)

Cheers.........Howard

after a quick look it did look like it was a decent job done to 16th, if it looked like a mine field i would be inclined to charge more, but it did look quite neat with alot of rcbos and fairly good labelling, but we all know that labels mean jack in most cases.

Reply to P.I.R Pricing in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net