Discuss Paid by number of EICR's completed??? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparkside1

Hi all

I discussed a similar situation in a previous thread but the topic keeps popping up with testing jobs that I seem to be attracting at the moment.I got offered a job carrying out EICR's for the MOD and the rate of pay was by the property?? In other words, if I don't knock out 4 or 5 a day, I don't make any money. Travelling time in a shared company van is not paid. Is this how the testing indusrty is going?

Hi all

I discussed a similar situation in a previous thread but the topic keeps popping up with testing jobs that I seem to be attracting at the moment.I got offered a job carrying out EICR's for the MOD and the rate of pay was by the property?? In other words, if I don't knock out 4 or 5 a day, I don't make any money. Travelling time in a shared company van is not paid. Is this how the testing indusrty is going?
sack it fella...

drive by territory is this malarkey....

The only way to do 4-5 tests a day is if your filling the certs while your travelling in the van to the job, don't sell your soul to the devil mate
Tell em to shove it.

4/5 properties per day including paperwork? Who and how have they led people to believe this or even a fraction of this is possible? Even if visual only I'd struggle to make a living!

.....I got offered a job carrying out EICR's for the MOD and the rate of pay was by the property?? ....

If its one light circuit and one radial socket circuit per property and they are next door to each other, plus you have the last EICR that was 'clean', you might be able to crack it in a day ....

Was 4-5 a day actually mentioned? Or are you guessing?

Mod property I'm thinking houses? small basic housing in rows identical layouts maintained to a reasonable standard. Possibly some voids. Grouped together. A few a day is possible in the case above.

Obviously im I guessing but there's more than one way to look at what the op has said.

Not on defending it either the testing game is all about numbers unfortunately. And the qs system does nothing to improve things.

4 or 5 a day? You could do it if it was 5 consecutively pitched tents with a single switched class 2 LED in each.....personally i would want my doctor to save one patient a week,not see a thousand...walk,or they will bring you down to their level :thinking:

Was 4-5 a day actually mentioned? Or are you guessing?

Mod property I'm thinking houses? small basic housing in rows identical layouts maintained to a reasonable standard. Possibly some voids. Grouped together. A few a day is possible in the case above.

Obviously im I guessing but there's more than one way to look at what the op has said.

Not on defending it either the testing game is all about numbers unfortunately. And the qs system does nothing to improve things.

Really?? I'd be thinking it's going to take around half of that day, just to complete all the paperwork on 5 housing property EICR's.... So you reckon you could inspect and test a small house in say an hour (if were talking an 8 hour day, or a bit more for a 9 hour day) ??? Think On....!!!

I mention 'a few' meaning less than 5 and your post above mentions '5'. i didnt say five a day was possible.

Also when i was a electrician i never worked a 8 hour day always more. Lunch on the go. No travel time needed.

Ive thought on and in the case i mention making assumptions i would say a few a day is possible. If you want me to put a figure on it in the case ive mentioned 3 a day is possible to a fair standard.

Just had a brief scan through this. Bit more detail needed on what exactly these ''properties entail''. Do you have anyone to help you with the testing and how are you recorded results and compiling the EICR e.g someone doing the running about collecting results, paperwork or laptop etc? all these variables make a huge difference.

I used to PIR's for the MOD on a housing estate full of identical voids mostly 2/3 beds. Nice easy work and you could do 3 at a push in a day but 2 a day was a lot more comfortable. But talk about boring....

It's utter *removed* is this, it's not possible to do 4 or 5 EICRs a day correctly, it's like someone telling me to get to London in an hour then telling me to drive at 200mph when I look at them with a quizzical look.

Just had a brief scan through this. Bit more detail needed on what exactly these ''properties entail''. Do you have anyone to help you with the testing and how are you recorded results and compiling the EICR e.g someone doing the running about collecting results, paperwork or laptop etc? all these variables make a huge difference.
so i guess if its a so called `visual report`...then it all adds up nicely....does it?

Reply to Paid by number of EICR's completed??? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net