Discuss Panarama tonight... The Battle of Islam! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Engineer54
If I recall correctly when cartoons were made it was all over the media about what Muslims felt around the globe. There were protests in different countries..this is what I was referring to in my previous post.

Engineer54
If I recall correctly when cartoons were made it was all over the media about what Muslims felt around the globe. There were protests in different countries..this is what I was referring to in my previous post.

I knew exactly what you were saying Iddy.

I was commenting on the word blasphemy, and where these religious terrorists/nutters make up their own rules that holds no reference to anything written in the Koran....
I'm afraid trying to talk sensibly or logically to many muslims and you'll be on a hiding to nothing, you can't argue or get your point over to someone that outrightly flately refuses to listen to you.

After living and working in the Middle East for many years (not continuously), many here would be surprised at what i've seen and heard with my own eyes and ears...

Engineer54

Sorry my misunderstanding

I think we all agree a terrorist(s) will not care about life weather it is a non Muslim or a Muslim (recent attacks in Paris and attacks in school in Pakistan).
One thing I never understood is why even bother making a cartoon that will offend good Muslims ? What is the purpose ? I mean one cartoon I saw which showed the prophet of Islam wearing explosives. This would offend good Muslims and then you have provided reason to nut jobs

Muslims have the same rights and privileges as everyone else in the western world, so if they find the content of a particular newspaper or magazine offensive, they don't subscribe or buy it!!

Likewise if they don't like the freedoms of the western world they have chosen to live in, then they can always return to the repressive and censored country they have come from, or any other country come to that, where they would never see any religious offensive material....

Religious beliefs should have no part in any country's constitution apart from the freedom to follow that belief where it does not incite civil unrest/violence....

This is what happens when people come to live in a liberal tolerant society and reap all the benefits that come with it. Trouble starts when they refuse to be liberal and tolerant with the society they chose to live in.
It has to be a two way thing or it just wont work.

This is what happens when people come to live in a liberal tolerant society and reap all the benefits that come with it. Trouble starts when they refuse to be liberal and tolerant with the society they chose to live in.
It has to be a two way thing or it just wont work.

To note here most are 1st or even 2nd generation British born so they are as British as you or me (If you were born here that is).

Its more to do with the traditions and teachings passed down the line, its a culture where Honour is a very big family value and bringing shame on the family can have tragic consequences in some circumstances. Foremost and doing the most damage is what I've already mentioned... they are taught its a us and them society from day one be it at home or prayer or even school in some cases...when you instil this into the young its only a matter of time before they start thinking they are better then non-believers and feel oppressed and persecuted - especially when the no1 Muslim TV channel makes this statement everyday with slogans of Rise of the oppressed etc etc

The government needs to step in and Ignore any Anti-Islam tag that they get accused of when getting tough and fine these TV shows for what is a very anti - western message.... If our own Breakfast TV started with a Anti-Islam slogan everyday it would be pulled on day one yet its these muslim based shows repeatedly drill these slogans into the muslim community - this is why we are all seen as the enemy because they are on a daily brainwashing.

I have shared the cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed which will appear on the issue of 'Charlie' tomorrow on my FB account, its has been shared around thousands of times already and can be accessed on UNILAD site for the pic if you don't see it on your news feed, I will keep it away from the forum as I don't believe its in the forums interest to start putting the cartoon up.
Within the Quran there is no text that says Allah or any Prophets can not be represented in a drawing or cartoon etc, history shows us the Prophet was often drawn or depicted in art form by muslims and its really only down to the Sunni sect that opposes this, agreed the French satirical Mag did cross a line and made offensive cartoons but thats the freedom of a western society, if you don't like it then don't view it - end of but don't throw your dummy out of the pram and go killing everyone.

Lastly if their God did exist I would expect with all the miracles he's already performed I find it quite strange he is incapable of striking down anyone that offends him himself, why would he need a pathetic excuse for a human being to do it for him....well thats how I see it.

https://www.------------/video.php?v=794512987269573

Here - raise my hat of to this guy, a muslim and saying what we all think with plenty of swearing to boot... enjoy!..

He does this with a personal risk to his safety among his community and I don't think the reaction and strength of the video would be the same if you are I did it.

Lastly if their God did exist I would expect with all the miracles he's already performed I find it quite strange he is incapable of striking down anyone that offends him himself, why would he need a pathetic excuse for a human being to do it for him.

Absolutely spot on. They want to stick that on a few billboards and double deckers. Totally brainwashed.

Reply to Panarama tonight... The Battle of Islam! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock