Discuss Panel Advice in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

hp4020

Narrowed panel choice down to

Suntech STP245S
Suntech 250 Black Pearl available mid Oct
Samsung LPC247SM

16 panel 4kw system, useing an SMA4000TL

Fully South facing - NE of England

What would people suggest based on your greater experience.

Suntech - depends on whether you're worried about how they look or not. Black pearl's are awful I won't install them, they look like seconds - 245's are absolutely fine. Stock of both is extremely limited so be prepared for a wait. if you can get them before October ask your installer for a Fronius inverter with 20 year warranty.

If you are worried about the aesthetics, then ask your installer for the standard Suntech 250s. To be honest, our experience of the panels is that you can't even see the cells from the ground so it's up to you.

Thanks folks have plumbed for

16 x Suntech STP245S
SMA4000TL with extended to 10 year warranty

£9390 installed.

Is there likely to be any building regs fees to pay ?

Reply to Panel Advice in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

P
Hi, New to the forum and looking for some quote advice if possible. Had 4 quotes for bungalow in North West with SE/SW roof at 30 degree tilt as...
Replies
Views
solarnorth
S
Does anyone out there have a 3KW or 4KW Solar edge system in North West England on a South Facing roof (within 15 Degrees of due south) with a 30...
Replies
Views
If you cannot face panels south and have just the choice of east or west or combination of both, what’s best? I thought I would offer some...
Replies
Views
J
Hello all I'd appreciate advice / views on a system we're considering having installed. We have a large roof with room for up to a 4kW system...
Replies
Views
series530
S
T
Hi I have agreed a PV installation on my South facing roof with a local installer. They listened to my requirements (I have limited roof space)...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock