Discuss Panels on FIT application in. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

furrypants

Well after months of deciding on what equipment and company to go with I finally have solar panels on my roof (Sunday) 20x195w Linuo & 3.6 Aurora inverter.

Thank you to all the people that post on here as the information gained has been extremely helpful in making my decisions and changing them again along the way.

Big thanks to BiggsSolar excellent service and job, arrived at 7:45 gone by 14:15 all done and dusted.

FITs application in with EDF today, nice lady told me they are averaging 300 requests a day! Said they will check my application before the deadline.

Cheers
cannot wait for the sun to appear!

Can i just ask how you posted your fit application please,as im getting fitted next Monday and im with EDF.Really hoping you say that EDF are taking emailed applications but i doubt it.

Can I suggest using Swalec as your fit provider?
They are part of SSE

I used them a few weeks ago for my install. I hand delivered my application to their Cardiff office as it is local to me.
Within 2 working days the contract was on my door mat and job completed.
This was with extra work by them contacting my installer as they had missed one digit off the serial number off the generation meter. They needed a new MCS certificate.

Postal applications should be just as quick. They also accept email applications.
The form was easy to complete, you dont need to be a customer either.
Service was top notch, and with the deadline looming, the reassurance that my contract is complete was worth a lot to me.

Here's the link if you want it
http://www.swalec.co.uk/BeingGreen/SolarEnergy/FeedInTariff/

Last edited:
Can I suggest using Swalec as your fit provider?
They are part of SSE

I used them a few weeks ago for my install. I hand delivered my application to their Cardiff office as it is local to me.
Within 2 working days the contract was on my door mat and job completed.
This was with extra work by them contacting my installer as they had missed one digit off the serial number off the generation meter. They needed a new MCS certificate.

Postal applications should be just as quick. They also accept email applications.
The form was easy to complete, you dont need to be a customer either.
Service was top notch, and with the deadline looming, the reassurance that my contract is complete was worth a lot to me.

Here's the link if you want it
Feed-in tariff - SWALEC

I sent my application in last week (by email and post) and called them a couple of days later to see if they got the applications. They emailed me to verify they had recieved them but said it would take up to 4 weeks to be processed.

I am still waiting on my contract.

It is the date of receipt of your application they go by isn't it?

Cheers

Dave

EDF accept email applications was told no need to post it. The date of the email is your application date, she did say that they are working through the applications and checking as many as they can. Did say mine would be checked prior to 12-12-11.

Get your installer to fill out most of the application form, the rest is easy to do.

Good Energy are keeping their offices open Saturday and Sunday, so you can deliver by hand.
They are based in Chippenham, visit their website for more information.
Oh, and they are also supplying, Mulled wine and Mince Pies (can't stand either).
EarthStore Energy

I went with swalec entirely because I could deliver by hand, the fact they processed my application an had the contract out to me within 2 days was a great bonus.

I'm sure all the fit providers with backlogs will get through them fine.

Reply to Panels on FIT application in. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net