Discuss paper work day in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
A couple of months ago I started a thread about dedicating 1 day a week to staying home and doing paperwork.
Just to let you know it didn't go to plan, so now I have been forced to take today off to complete a mountain of certs, online payments, and general catch up.
So I shouldn't really be talking too you lot, but I can't help myself, so if people can say hello during the day it will keep my morale up.
Cheers lads ps, don't tell our lass I am on here or I'm done for!!

I got my paperwork up to date last weekend.:angel_smile:
May sound good but it took the two weeks before that to do as it was very very behindhand.:sad:
Now at least I can keep up with it, just.:computer:
Unfortunately I now know how much money I did not make last year:detective:!

Good luck with the p/work GMES, even though I know you will not be on here!!:sleep1::nono::willy_nilly:

what's the princes truss got to do with electrics?
when I set up on my own I did it through there young enterprise course. They gave me a loan and a business mentor for 2 years to keep me on track and help me with anything I need. So I have to meet them every month for updates etc

when I set up on my own I did it through there young enterprise course. They gave me a loan and a business mentor for 2 years to keep me on track and help me with anything I need. So I have to meet them every month for updates etc

I used to be a PT grants assessor, and also work with them when they used to (long time ago, now) collaborate with the Youth Offenders / Probation teams doing rehab for the hard core deprived long-term unemployed etc. Good on you for making the grade and finding it a success. :clap:

Oh....and yes - I'm on a BSI inspection induced paperwork day, too!

I'm still here although I am losing the will to live, filling certs out is soul destroying. but I suppose this is what we sign up for!!

Hello Glenn!!!! Go have a up of tea!!!

Oh yes... and dont bother about filling in each seperate cert you silly chap, just photocopy the first one and give to everyone, noone looks at them anyway!

:grin::grin::grin::grin:

Hello Glenn!!!! Go have a up of tea!!!

Oh yes... and dont bother about filling in each seperate cert you silly chap, just photocopy the first one and give to everyone, noone looks at them anyway!

:grin::grin::grin::grin:
Believe me steve it did enter my mind, one set alone is for a factory test which consists of
1 x power board
1 x busbar chamber
8 x 3 phase db's
6 x single phase db's
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllppppppppppppp

Believe me steve it did enter my mind, one set alone is for a factory test which consists of
1 x power board
1 x busbar chamber
8 x 3 phase db's
6 x single phase db's
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllppppppppppppp

God that sounds painful and makes my domestic certs seem like childs play!

I think you'll need more than luck Glenn!! Pop a bit of sugar in that tea.. :smiley2:

That should cheer Glenn up a little Murdoch :wink:

I tried having admin days, but they get derailed by paying customers and hence my approach to doing a bit each day.

I use quick books pro so as long as everything is up to date it's a really good business tool. I've even taught my misses how to look up customer details on it!

Hi Murdoch I'm juggling a few at the minute and can't choose one/ icertifi, some editble ones Glennspark sent me and just trying to install powersuite to work with my megger 1730.
If I can get away with it sometimes I just write them by hand, but this lot need inputting and typing.

So for the first half of your paperwork day you managed to make 7 posts, start 2 threads and sell an Ipad! Not bad... :wink:

Hi Murdoch I'm juggling a few at the minute and can't choose one/ icertifi, some editble ones Glennspark sent me and just trying to install powersuite to work with my megger 1730.
If I can get away with it sometimes I just write them by hand, but this lot need inputting and typing.

I use PIRform and really like the way it adds the ref number to c1, c2, or c3.

It costs, but off used correctly Will save you money and add a professional image to your business

Reply to paper work day in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net