Discuss Paperwork for CU change and a few additions in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

mattcos1972

Afternoon all.

For a CU change and, at the same time, the installation of 3 new final circuits I have done the following paperwork:

PIR - prior to cu change

EIC - To include new CU and New Circuits (existing circuits fully tested too, as I had to repair most of them following the findings on the first PIR :D)

PIR - following CU change (using test results from EIC)

Does that sound about right or have I missed anything out?

Cheers

Matt

Why he second PIR I would have thought the PIR and EIC would suffice:confused: As mentioned in a post I put up I refused a job because it needed a PIR and everyone said issue EIC as remedial work and cross reference to PIR no one mentioned a second PIR.

Would love to see other peoples opinion on this one.

Chris

Why he second PIR I would have thought the PIR and EIC would suffice:confused: As mentioned in a post I put up I refused a job because it needed a PIR and everyone said issue EIC as remedial work and cross reference to PIR no one mentioned a second PIR.

Would love to see other peoples opinion on this one.

Chris

I was told by my tutor at college that a 2nd PIR would be required...however I would love to hear that that is not so.....as I haven't compiled the 2nd one yet :D although I have finally figured out how to use my Amtech software so it should take all of 2 seconds to put together once I do decide as I have done the physical inspection and testing.
I must admit he is the only person who has said a 2nd PIR was required, post cu change, but then again up until you responded Chris, he was the only person I'd asked!! :D

Matt

I wouldn't do another PIR, as Acat mentioned make a cross reference on the EIC of what the cert covers and quote the first PIR ref number and say all remedial works mention on the original inspection have been rectified, and that the cert covers a full inspection of existing circuits.

A PIR before the CU change and any other work is fine.

An EIC on completion of the CU change and any other work is all that's needed, no further PIR is needed, your tutor is obviously misunderstood.:)

A PIR before the CU change and any other work is fine.

An EIC on completion of the CU change and any other work is all that's needed, no further PIR is needed, your tutor is obviously misunderstood.:)

I agree with Lenny. If you do a full PIR before the change, then it's not necessary to repeat afterwards - but you must remember that Zs readings etc need to be verified in accordance with your new CU and not the existing.

The only thing I would add is that if you only do minimal tests before the change, do the remaining necessary tests afterwards, then complete the paperwork.

The initial testing is only to confirm that you are able to change the CU safely and without problems - the ESC recommend a PIR after the change, but obviously you don't have to repeat testing that you've already done:)

Me thinks your tutor has his head in the clouds looking at it from a practical point of view

PIR No problem its needed
EIC No problem its needed cross refer with PIR

Following your tutors logic as you are competent to do a PIR but not competent to fill out an EIC after a PIR you need to do another PIR to ensure the EIC was correct.

OK OK I admit it Im Irish but even I cant follow the logic for this one:rolleyes:

Chris

Cheers all.

That is good news indeed. All the tests (dead and energised - Zs included) have been performed before and after the change of CU so all readings on the EIC are relevant to the new set up.
I'll do as you suggest and cross reference the EIC to the PIR and point out that all remedial work had been undertaken (I had 10 each of Code 1 and Code 2 faults noted on the PIR not to mention a list as long as your arm of code 4s!! lol)

Thanks again to all!

Matt

Reply to Paperwork for CU change and a few additions in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock