Discuss Parliament TV - FiT Review in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

whinmoor

-
Arms
Reaction score
Now showing:

Player

Environmental Audit and Energy and Climate Change Committee Tuesday 29 November 2011

Boothroyd Room
Meeting started at 2.40pm

Solar power feed-in tariffs
Witnesses

• HomeSun, Solar Trade Association, Bath and West Community Energy, and Solarcentury
  • Gregory Barker MP, Minister of State for Climate Change, Moira Wallace OBE, Permanent Secretary, and Simon Virley, Director General, Department of Energy and Climate Change

Very interesting viewing.....Tim Yeo nearly threw a spanner into the works with his comment about lead-times yet no-one picked up on it or used it to emphasise DECC's lack of consideration of incoming ocean freight shipments, manufacturing lead-times, stock availability etc, etc.....

Next episode of this gripping drama:

Thursday 1 December 2011
At 11.40am

• Chloe Smith MP, Economic Secretary to the Treasury
  • Jonathan Mills, Deputy Director, Energy Environment & Agriculture, HM Treasury

When questioned, not one person could explain why the FIT was 43.3p, instead of 41.3p.
They thought that it included the export at 3p.
I may not have listened as much as I should at school, but 41.3p+3p= 44.3p.
Do you think I should point out to them that it is linked to the RPI?
Earthstore Energy for government!!!
Well I could not do it much worse, and I can add up!

When questioned, not one person could explain why the FIT was 43.3p, instead of 41.3p.
They thought that it included the export at 3p.
I may not have listened as much as I should at school, but 41.3p+3p= 44.3p.
Do you think I should point out to them that it is linked to the RPI?
Earthstore Energy for government!!!
Well I could not do it much worse, and I can add up!

It pays 43.3 for the generation tariff and 3p for the export tariff which is normally set at 50% of generation.

The 41.3p was the tariff for last year- it increased to 43.3p with an inflationary rise in April 2011.

Watching it now- pretty gripping- can't wait to see Greg in action lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Parliament TV - FiT Review in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net