Discuss Part P assessment question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Was it a fairly large bloke, pasty complexion, who ate sausages for lunch ?? If so then it might be the same o who assessed me; told me that my SWA to an outbuilding needed to be RCD'd ?? and marked it as a non-conformity. I complained and had it over-ruled. I think his name was Andy (might be wrong thou as it was 2 years ago). What his name ? If its the same bloke we can get him fired; seriously

Was it a fairly large bloke, pasty complexion, who ate sausages for lunch ?? If so then it might be the same o who assessed me; told me that my SWA to an outbuilding needed to be RCD'd ?? and marked it as a non-conformity. I complained and had it over-ruled. I think his name was Andy (might be wrong thou as it was 2 years ago). What his name ? If its the same bloke we can get him fired; seriously

Easy tiger.

I think this is a case of old money versus new money. I mean darling, you get wot you pay for these years. Stroma are clearly new money, and trying to make themselves look respectable, against the lords from Certsure. I mean who pays pennies to be in a decent club. Standards are clearly slipping. Wasn't like this a few years ago, ya paid ya wod, and got serviced :D

They phoned me a few weeks ago asking me to leave NICEIC and join Stroma. Didn't take them up on the offer. For simple fact it would mean changing all my stationary and business cards that have the NICEIC logo on:tearsofjoy::laughing: Told them it would cost almost as much as I would save joining to change it all and buy new advertising stuff and T-shirts etc...
I do find no matter what scheme you are with you get good assessors and bad. I had heard that Stroma were on a recruiting drive for some field assessors as they had a shortage and there low fees had left them playing catch up.. might explain why they are doing bi-annual assessments and even phone renewals now in the years in between!? Maybe they are being a bit lax on the recruitment of assessors?

No matter who the bloke is, it seems he doesn't have the experience, or knowledge, to carry out an annual assessment.
BUT...….What exactly is a 'Part P assessment'?

Maybe get a plumber doing one of those.o_O

Worst assessment I ever had was with a stromer assessor, he couldn't stop telling me how good he was and then giving me incorrect information including that if an outbuilding in a garden was more than 10 metres from the house it had to have TT.

I got fed up with constantly having to chase stroma for every certificate I applied for (I complained to the stroma manager over the phone and in emails and nothing changed). The £4 extra a week I pay to the NICEIC is worth it to me.

There's a whole industry built up around
Taking money out of electricians pockets and these parasites seem to increase by the day .

One of the questions on a recent Part P assessment was how would I wire an external outbuilding if the earthing arrangement to the property was PME.

I said I would run a three core SWA from the property to the outbuilding and use the cable armour and the third core as the exported CPC.

I was highly criticised and was told that I should install a rod at the property and at the outbuilding.

I can find no mention of this in 17th ed AMD3 book, can anyone tell me where i would find this if it is the case.

I have had a couple of other Assessments previously where they have checked out building installs and never mentioned this so I am not happy.

Reply to Part P assessment question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock