Discuss Part P Face and my view on it in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

customers are happy with a loft that's boiling hot in summer and freezing cold in winter as long as they save a few quid on the gas bill. why not be happy to have it damp as well? anyway, the 3 foot thick insulation will soak it up for the next 25 years, when it's time to rip it all out because it's then branded as a health risk.

I try and avoid doing things for friends and family unless it is an emergency and I could have done this and notified it through the company I work for and my boss would have okayed it. But she said they use a good electrician who is Part P registered but I was actually quite shocked by the standard of work. I dread to think how he has connected from the existing ring final for the socket and underfloor heating spur. Our industry has gone to pot and the choice of getting the contractor back to correct works he has made such a hash of as opposed to directly contacting his scheme provider first is a joke.

I'm afraid the sort of carp everyone is complaining about won't go away until qither some gets hurt, or someone collates the info and goes into print to the people that can do something about it, we all moan but do nowt.

If you could see electricity leaking it would all be different. That's why there are probably not so many chancers in the plumbing industry because it's so obvious if it doesn't work, same with gas you'll smell it.
Leccy is silent until it all goes Pete tong and 'Turkey water park' happens.

Just a point of interest, how many schemes, certifying organisations are there within the "Gas safe" certification method? is it just the one, or are there similar money making cadres like the electrical industry?
I think it is just gas safe the one set up that has a government awarded contract. if electrics went that way then you could almost guarantee niceic would get it and then would have a captive market to charge what ever crazy price they like. at least with likes of stroma, napit etc.. they have to at least try and compete.. i actually would not want just one regulator as they would screw us over.. the annual costs of these schemes are only going up.. like any business they charge what they think the market will support. with no competition they are a law unto themselves.

would have a captive market to charge what ever crazy price they like.
In all likelihood if it was a licence handed out by central government to operate the only scheme then they would not be able to run it for a profit and as the only scheme operating would be able to operate it cheaper than with multiple schemes due to the increased numbers of contractors registered.

In all likelihood if it was a licence handed out by central government to operate the only scheme then they would not be able to run it for a profit and as the only scheme operating would be able to operate it cheaper than with multiple schemes due to the increased numbers of contractors registered.
is Certsure Llp the people who run niceic and elecsa supposedly non for profit as its a partnership between the ECA and electrical safety first... i might be wrong..

i would like to think though if there was just one body overseeing electricians then it would be for non profit and actually enforce standards and deal with cowboys too.

Maybe we should all club together and start another scheme - it seems anyone can do it! Licence to print money! But then I think a good conscience would get in the way of actually admitting enough members.

Reply to Part P Face and my view on it in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net