Discuss Part P Face and my view on it in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

They ask you take it up with the contractor initially to resolve any issues which is going to happen, they essentially will not want to know unless you do this first.
They are not interested, they have your money, and don't want any waves made. Pariahs of the Electrical industry.

The loft space is extremely restricted and the plumbers did say he accessed it and whilst I know this spur is all but inaccessible I had to be careful how far I pushed it because my sister in law worries about every slight thing.
Okay.
I guess all you can do is let him rectify his work and hope that this telling off as it were may have opened his eyes a bit going forward.
Or am I being really optimistic?

Is it the original electrician coming back or someone else?

Okay.
I guess all you can do is let him rectify his work and hope that this telling off as it were may have opened his eyes a bit going forward.
Or am I being really optimistic?

Is it the original electrician coming back or someone else?
It is the same person said they don't do much domestic just did this last minute because the usual contractor the bathroom fitters use couldn't attend still no excuse though but I doubt they will use him again.

Why didn't you do the initial job if it was family? Would have probably cost less and a better job?
I try and avoid doing work for friends and family unless it is an emergency plus the Part P business but my boss would have swung it through the company. She was assured they use a good Part P registered company but unfortunately they had to switch at the last minute. I have decided to change her CU to tidy it all up so the separate rcd spur they are about to fit can go.

I try and avoid doing work for friends and family unless it is an emergency plus the Part P business but my boss would have swung it through the company. She was assured they use a good Part P registered company but unfortunately they had to switch at the last minute. I have decided to change her CU to tidy it all up so the separate rcd spur they are about to fit can go.

Fair enough, I feel bad for the situation. Hope it gets sorted.

It has all gone to pot, this trade is in a right old mess, cash cows coining it in,it don't mean jack.I was one of the lucky to have worked in this industry in the good old days.!

The good days still exist if you know where to look, you've just got find yourself a niche and settle in to it. There are still customers out there who appreciate a good job done, which delivers what they need, for a fair price, not the cheapest price.

The good days still exist if you know where to look, you've just got find yourself a niche and settle in to it. There are still customers out there who appreciate a good job done, which delivers what they need, for a fair price, not the cheapest price.

Agree totally. This has basically become my business model. Not really by design but by default from refusing to cut prices to match expectations, and getting appreciative customers and the subsequent recommendations.

Westies experience just goes to show what the scams are all about, doesn't it? as long as you are prepared to pay the dues anyone can join, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the reason this particular outfit got admission to the scam, was a scam in it's own right by the bathroom company. Get a decent Electrician to do a couple of jobs for them, use these jobs as inspection jobs, then get Kevin the kitchen guy and Bill the bathroom guy to do the rest after admission to said scam. They should be exposed, the scams I mean.:mad::mad::mad:
So 8 more people are Dumb now

That's exactly how our present bathroom is vented. I did wonder when we took possession of the property nine years ago whether that was normal practice ...

Nope, definitely not normal or approved practice. Just carried out by people who are too bone idle to do the job properly & want to pocket a few extra quid. Guaranteed they're charging for the vent and fitting it.

So just been to see sister in law who has had her en suite redone
To be honest this country and the way it creates these grey compliance schemes which contradict 5 years at college in my opinion is exactly how Grenfell Tower had been clad in non fire retardant cladding.
We are electricians because we understand the theory and implication of what we do, you cannot read a building regulation book which tells you what span the joist you should cut and understand the implications of kitchen fitting and bathroom fitting.

I see so much crap at peoples houses.... guess what i don't see half the crap in commercial/industrial and i wonder why that is.

ABOLISH PART P you fascist piggs!!!!

Reply to Part P Face and my view on it in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net