Discuss Part P For Solar? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mole

A friend of mine is starting up his own solar panel installation company. He has asked me to wire up the installs for him. I am not part P registered but am a time served maintenance electrician with 17th edition. I would like to get my part P in order to do this job and hopefully more. As I remember in the past Part P was quite an in depth "exam" ie wire an house then have it inspected etc however I am told its changed quite a bit? Can I get Part P just from my solar installation? (Im told I can?) and also what tests would I need to carry out?

you need to be assessed by 1 of the scam providers... niceic, elecsa, napit. and part with close to £500/year. contact 1 of the scams elecsa are the most spark friendly. they will send you all the info if you contact them. there is no such thing as a part p qualification or exam.

G
you need to be assessed by 1 of the scam providers... niceic, elecsa, napit. and part with close to £500/year. contact 1 of the scams elecsa are the most spark friendly. they will send you all the info if you contact them. there is no such thing as a part p qualification or exam.
Thanks I will get onto them

Well I suppose that's his choice? Have the fit changed much recently? I hear they're 14.9p pkwh or thereabouts?

Reply to Part P For Solar? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am going to fully rewire my house. What do I HAVE to do once I’ve rewired it? I am an approved spark, but do not have part P. Do I need...
Replies
Views
Afternoon, Just looking at expanding my business and getting more into solar. I am part p niceic18th edition which means I can supply new...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks , Just looking for a bit of advice as I'm looking to get back on the tools so please bare with me if this is a bit long winded. I'm a...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. I am looking at gaining electrical qualifications in order to do installations and self certify ect. My background is...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock