Discuss Part p - Getting assesed on first job. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

electek

Hi All , I'm a newbie here.

I've been in factory maintenence / service engineering for 20 years and have 17th edition and onc electrical as well as city and guilds installation certificates e.t.c.

A friend of mine has asked me to do a rewire on a small 3-bed semi and this has made me think about using some of the money from the rewire to get registered rather than pay the council for first / second fix inspection e.t.c.

After considering all the acreditation bodies i am thinking ELECSA.

My question is can i do the rewire and before its finally connected and 'powered up' can i get my assessment done on this first job ?

Please advise.

Cheers:)

Hi All , I'm a newbie here.

I've been in factory maintenence / service engineering for 20 years and have 17th edition and onc electrical as well as city and guilds installation certificates e.t.c.

A friend of mine has asked me to do a rewire on a small 3-bed semi and this has made me think about using some of the money from the rewire to get registered rather than pay the council for first / second fix inspection e.t.c.

After considering all the acreditation bodies i am thinking ELECSA.

My question is can i do the rewire and before its finally connected and 'powered up' can i get my assessment done on this first job ?

Please advise.

Cheers:)
any work needing a building notice is meant to be carried out by a registered competent person or go through LABC who need notifying BEFORE ANY WORK STARTS.

imo i would use previous jobs you have done to gain registration or put this one through LABC and then use it to gain registration.

i have heard of people using jobs for assessment as you have 30 days to notify the works but if all of your chases etc have been plastered over it would be best speaking to elecsa first if they are to assess this job

best of luck with whatever you decide ;)

Reply to Part p - Getting assesed on first job. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net