Discuss Part P scheme any tips please??? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

swaley

-
Reaction score
Hi I am new to the forum so thanks in advance for any comments. I am qualified to level 3 2330 and 17th edition, and looking to join a Part P scheme probably (Stroma) to start out on my own mainly house bashing etc...
The problem is that I have had a fews year off and feel like im not ready for the assessment, because I've not been testing daily and feel like my knowledge of regs etc has declined...
I wondered if you guys had any ideas in which areas I would need to brush up on to pass assessment or any tips? Also would I be able to show work Ive done in my own property to pass assessment i.e - I've run a SWA supply to a log cabin with a garage CU- maybe some testing on this???
Any input would be great thanks.

Qualifications sound ok. It is more paperwork regards H&S and RAMS that may be a challenge. As to testing you sound like you will practice on your own work? Insurance in order? You should be fine if you contact them and ask, they will send a list of what exactly they want.

That sounds like a good job to show them, for my Napit assessment I took them to a CU change at a relatives house. I’m not sure about Stroma but NIC ask for three different jobs so you would need to check whether they’re the same.

May be worth Re-familiarising yourself with the regs book, I.e where to look for what you need.

Qualifications sound ok. It is more paperwork regards H&S and RAMS that may be a challenge. As to testing you sound like you will practice on your own work? Insurance in order? You should be fine if you contact them and ask, they will send a list of what exactly they want.
I will give them a call, I think your right about H&S paperwork because I really don't know what I need to provide etc. I am gonna get insurances asap. I think everyone gets a bit apprehensive before assessment, I think im more worried about general questions from assessor.

I am with STROMA I must say the guy who came to assess was really good. Not only did he take me through a complex set of requirements but did so in a way that I never felt put down or left footed he was really good. There are a few elementary tech questions, quite a lot on paperwork. H&S policy, RA and MS all available on line to download and personalise. PL insurance and PI if you are doing EICR. Then off to the site and a couple of test while quitely checking you for safe isolation (again downloadable) and saying I bet you don't do this when you are not being checked. I said yes I do, it is too serious a matter not to. Then I thought later that was/maybe a trick question. You can do it ok.

That sounds like a good job to show them, for my Napit assessment I took them to a CU change at a relatives house. I’m not sure about Stroma but NIC ask for three different jobs so you would need to check whether they’re the same.

May be worth Re-familiarising yourself with the regs book, I.e where to look for what you need.
thanks mate gonna give them a call and discuss everything. Ive started brushing up in regs book and onsite guide, So hopefully pass at the end of the day they want my money don't they?? lol

thanks mate gonna give them a call and discuss everything. Ive started brushing up in regs book and onsite guide, So hopefully pass at the end of the day they want my money don't they?? lol
That's the problem swaley, all they want is your cash.

if its niceic/elecsa for the first assessment they will take a major single job within your own home and then allow you to notify it after acceptance. assuming you aren't a complete numpty and dont get in, example being CU change, shed as you outlined, rewiring etc..
Stroma and Napit are likely different... but all schemes have one thing in common they will do literally anything they can to undercut there rivals and to get you to signed up. they want your money! dont be afraid to ring niceic and ask for a discount if you want to go with them instead of stroma, they can and do give them! youll get at least 10% off for asking

I was with Elecsa "first" - their assessment was easy. I left Elecsa to save money and joined Stroma ...... their first assessment was much tougher!

I think Stroma like to see a couple of years work "experience" too.

OP - you should call them all and discuss your situation.

I was with Elecsa "first" - their assessment was easy. I left Elecsa to save money and joined Stroma ...... their first assessment was much tougher!

I think Stroma like to see a couple of years work "experience" too.

OP - you should call them all and discuss your situation.

When I went to the elex show last year i was told if you had the 2394 & 5 then you didnt need 2 years experience

Reply to Part P scheme any tips please??? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock