Discuss Part-P Subby in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deleted member 4632

I am new sole trader and have started to subby to a building firm which carry out insurance claim flood repairs to properties. My work involves EICR's, rewires, new socket installs etc. I am waiting until I have my 2x commercial ccts. Under my belt for stroma assessment. So technically I am an unregistered competent person. I have 2394/95 2330/ 17th / 2377 / CSCS/ what do I need to do to stay legal? I just can't understand how I notify building control when we get our jobs day to day??

apply for your assessment.you can notify jobs up to 30 days after completion of the certs., so use 2 for the assessment then notify once a menber.

I don't understand "I am waiting until I have my 2x commercial ccts. Under my belt for stroma assessment"?

Have you applied to Stroma and for what scheme? They have a current wait of approx six weeks for assessment and you have to notify them within 20 days of completion or issue of certificate. Without teaching you how to suck eggs only certain works or new circuits are notifiable as per BS7671. You cannot notify to the local authority without paying their set fee which is normally about £260 per installation. As Tel suggested above, make your application to Stroma and then back register any which require notification.

She told me I need to show 2 X commercial ccts. and 2 X domestic ccts. ( I haven't done any commercial jobs yet) On the half day assessment. I've applied for the CPS part p scheme. She didn't say anything about a 6 week waiting list though

Why do you need to show a commercial circuit for a Part P membership? EICR's are not notifiable to LABC so although they say they will cover it under their scheme you do not actually need a scheme membership to perform them, just your training/competence . I am waiting for an assessment, have been told 5-6 week wait as all contracted out, depends where you live and who is available.

I told her that I will be doing commercial work so the course she recommend included part-p. I am aware that EICR's aren't notifiabke it was just bathroom jobs that I've been doing. I will obviously test and cert everything. From what you are telling me I will back date once I've joined stroma.

only certain works or new circuits are notifiable as per BS7671.
To be fair no job is notifiable as per BS7671 as BS 7671 does not deal with the issue of notifying the Local Authority in any way, shape or form. Indeed in some places where BS 7671 applies there is no requirement in the Building Regulations either.

To be fair no job is notifiable as per BS7671 as BS 7671 does not deal with the issue of notifying the Local Authority in any way, shape or form. Indeed in some places where BS 7671 applies there is no requirement in the Building Regulations either.

Yes sorry my bad wording, think what I was getting at was work under Part P has to comply with relevant standards (being BS7671).

Reply to Part-P Subby in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net