Currently reading:
Part P

Discuss Part P in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I was just reading the Cardiff County Council Building control website and this is what it has to say about Part P
Part P - Electrical safety

spacer.gif

Changes to the Building Regulations, by the addition of Part P to the Schedule 1 requirements, has introduced regulations affecting domestic electrical installations which came into force on 1[SUP]st[/SUP] January 2005. This means that a fixed electrical installation in a dwelling has become a ‘controlled service or fitting’ and thus subject to the statutory provisions of the Building Regulations.
The new regulations require:
Reasonable provision to be made in the design, installation, inspection and testing of electrical installations to protect persons against fire and injury.
Where an electrical installation is provided, extended or altered, sufficient information is provided so that persons wishing to operate, maintain or alter the installation in the future can do so reasonably safely.

No Mention of having to have a registered spark carry out the work, or indeed have LABC. As long as you make reasonable provision and provide sufficent information, i.e issue a certificate and a circuit details label your good to go :p

Nothing new mate......it describes part P as it came into force in 2005.....read the PDF on the website. The work which always needed notifying still does,whether DIY or scam member.

Edit....referring to OP

Last edited by a moderator:
Still cant see where anythings changed....where does it say a CU change does not need notifying?

From the pdf
You do not need to tell your local authority’s Building ControlDepartment about:

repairs, replacements and maintenance work

Thats all you need to read lmao

Replacement CU = no notification.
LMAO

Yes well behind the times, it just made me chuckle when I was on their site looking for some forms for notification of some other work.

I think I was number 1 in 2005 but may have missed my place in the Queue

Reply to Part P in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock