Discuss Patio lighting and outdoor lighting in general. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm getting an extension and new patio. I want to have some nice lighting but outdoor lighting is a bit new to me. I work with low voltage mostly, alarm engineer. Can I run mains in plastic conduit that will then be concreted over? If not, can I use metal copex or does it have to be SWA? I'm thinking of just doing it all in low voltage led but that limits me somewhat. Any ideas, links, photos etc are much appreciated. The patio is almost complete so I might have to dig channels out. I've included photos. I need to do the stairs and would like the stainless steel pillars. The rest will be lit from the wall lights.

Thanks guys

Steve.

Patio lighting and outdoor lighting in general. IMG_4008.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Patio lighting and outdoor lighting in general. IMG_4010.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Patio lighting and outdoor lighting in general. IMG_4011.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

welcome to the forum I would advise to get a local spark in to plan with you.
all the out side lights weather lv or not will have to be part p registration
having little experience , only alarms.

only if it's a new circuit.

otherwise i agree. get a local spark to plan it in discussion with yourself. any cable, be it SWA or otherwise, should, IMO, be run in ducting so that it is replaceable without digging up the patio. i take it your name isn't fred west.

welcome to the forum I would advise to get a local spark in to plan with you.
having little experience , only alarms.
Thanks Buzz, was more looking for advice on the cable running and containment. I don't intend to connect up myself. I'm pretty sure I have enough experience to do this stage, just need a bit of help. I guess I'd be better trying to find the regs. Thank again mate.

OK. so get a local spark involved, ask him what cabling is required, then you run the cable/s under his/her guidance. he /she saves time, you save money. everyone's a winner.

only if it's a new circuit.

otherwise i agree. get a local spark to plan it in discussion with yourself. any cable, be it SWA or otherwise, should, IMO, be run in ducting so that it is replaceable without digging up the patio. i take it your name isn't fred west.
Not Fred west but being Scottish, I could mirder some Tennents.

Reply to Patio lighting and outdoor lighting in general. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock