Discuss Pendant light only works with energy saving bulb in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lukemartyn78

Hi,

I've just had a new ceiling pendant fitted with a dimmer switch. For some reason the light doesn't seem to work with a standard bulb (bayonet fitting) but when I put in a energy saving bulb it does light up (although flickering as its on a dimmer) so the pendant is obviously wired OK?

Any ideas as to what the problem may be? (The standard bulbs I've tried are from other working lights so are not the problem).

Thanks

Maybe it is a tree hugging lamp holder and it is a firm believer of energy saving light bulbs to save the planet from global warming so it refuses to have any other bulb LOL. Or maybe as JJ^^ says it may be a faulty dimmer switch.

you need this man

screencapture30.png
[/URL][/IMG]

it'll be the lampholder. change the drop from the rose, either before or after you've weighed in all that lovely excess copper.

could it not just be a low energy fitting that can not run normal lamps also some low energy lamps can not be used with a dimmer ither loose the dimer or loose the low energy fitting and replace with standard fitting??

Rich

Last edited:
check if it is broken neutral maybe the energy saver has electronics in it which work without a neutral and the old normal bulb does not that my opinin

magic lamps. they say they can save the planet, so working without a neutral should pose no problem

thought pixies were what made up your digital pictures.

Second Malcolm's comments, also looks like the earth sleeving is a little damaged and there's no conductor identifier sleeving on the switch wire. I would fix those 4 issues before going any further.

Reply to Pendant light only works with energy saving bulb in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net