Discuss Periodic inspection (EIC) report questions in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Bluebob232

Hi all During r1 r2, ELI and PFC tests of a lighting circuit would it be a problem to leave lamps and ballasts etc in GN3 shows them out but I can't see a problem

It probably shows them with lamps removed as they would have been removed for insulation resistance testing anyway and replaced after completion of the testing.

P.S, r1 and r2 are only done on ring final circuits. Terminolgy is key.:)

Thanks for the replies chaps.I'm am experianced electrician done loads of installs and tests (got my 2391) obviously at the initial verification stage all lamps and accessories are removed and voltage sensitive devices are bypassed not done many periodics. IR tests are done between live conductors and earth as not to blow lamps and ballasts and noted as a limitation and I belive many people do method 2 r2 tests on lighting circuits surely lamps or ballasts won't be affected by r1 r2 test or ELI tests

You shouldn't have problems leaving lamps etc in for continuity & EFLI testing.
On a PIR (EIRC) I personally only do R2 testing to check protective bonding conductors, usually just carry out EFLI on final circuits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply mate I'm about to undertake a big EICR program on a large site on behalf of a maintenace company not under presure to rush just want to do it correctly and efficiently. Plan is 25 percent accessories check IR between live conductors and earth only. In a lot of places the DBS are that far away a r2 test is impracticle so R1 R2 is best even though r1 r2 and ELI woundnt be affected by lamps being in circuit it just feels wrong what do you guys think of the new eicr's I like how guidence is given on what to look for but having one less code will reduce options a bit. lot of periodics I have seen have that many limitations they are not worth a carrot

Reply to Periodic inspection (EIC) report questions in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock