Discuss Periodic inspection reports. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

The reason I ask is a colleague recently did the 2396 course and the lecturer said the PIRs can still be issued! Also one of our customers reckons that they are still receiving PIRs from other contractors.

A company can still issue a PIR, but should anything happen to the installation that causes harm to anyone then as it doesnt comply with the current edition of BS7671 the proverbial will almost certainly hit the fan.

many local authorities still ask for pir's , old habits die hard & will probably take at least another year or 2 before the new format becomes standard lingo.
was the same for new colours wiring changeover , took years after the deadline for it to become universally accepted / understood.
us brits dont like change ;-)

Biff's Right, I am still getting asked about PIRs from schools, they haven't been told otherwise by the councils engineers yet lol, it will take 12-18 months before the word about the changes get around all the schools etc.

Biff's Right, I am still getting asked about PIRs from schools, they haven't been told otherwise by the councils engineers yet lol, it will take 12-18 months before the word about the changes get around all the schools etc.
But surely it's up to us to inform the customer of the change in reporting format.
don't the majority of local authority's favour NIC or ECA contractors? The NIC aren't producing PIR certs any longer so are firms issuing old PIR forms or their own version?

But surely it's up to us to inform the customer of the change in reporting format.
don't the majority of local authority's favour NIC or ECA contractors? The NIC aren't producing PIR certs any longer so are firms issuing old PIR forms or their own version?

I think my comment was quite understandable

The actual process is still called periodic inspecting and testing, but you issue an EICR.

Are these 2 things being confused here?

exactly right.
you carry out a P.I. and record it on a EICR.
its no wonder no-one knows what the ---- is going on in the industry ;-)
and i wouldnt rely on the schemes to set an example either , nic was still selling old certs 6mths after the formats changed.
and talking of schemes , shouldnt they be educating the wider public with the £££ millions theyve made from part p ?
yeah , you know the rest.

The actual process is still called periodic inspecting and testing, but you issue an EICR.

Are these 2 things being confused here?
'periodic inspection and testing' reporting forms are no longer valid as I understand it. A periodic inspection report is issued under an EICR form.
The process itself is the same just issued on a different form.

i'll try and put this as succinct as possible......

folk just want a piece of paper that says pass or fail , no-one gives a crap about the official title of that piece of paper.
this is how the real world works :)

i'll try and put this as succinct as possible......

folk just want a piece of paper that says pass or fail , no-one gives a crap about the official title of that piece of paper.
this is how the real world works :)
In the real world the terms would be satisfactory or unsatisfactory with a list of codes from 1 to 3 for an EICR or 1 to 4 for a PIR.

Did not help when in june 2012 the Schemies were telling their members to keep using the PIR form as they could not agree on the EICR format

I don't know, only 20 and 30 years in the game and heres me after a short course:20:

Seriously though silver, was just asking if they had mixed up the terminology regards PIR and PIR reports

Reply to Periodic inspection reports. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net