Discuss periodic inspection in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Not at all. The sampling rate should be decided using various factors.
the age, condition, use and location of the installation should give a starting point. If you find defects during your inspection a d testing, then the sampling rate should increase.
remember that the person doing the testing and inspection is a duty holder, and can be held accountable for their report.
so don't ever get pressured into doing things you're not happy with.

In the majority of domestic installations, and in other instalations where there are no records of the initial verification or additions or alterations, I would prefer to inspect 100% of the installation.
If there are records of previous inspection, initial verification, additions and alterations, then yes I may well decide to only inspect 10%.
However as I'm a cynical bugger, and I will be charging for the day irrespective, I would with the majority of domestic installations inspect 100%.
I have even done 100% inspections for initial verification, where circumstances indictaed it was required.

What about the rolling EICR ie test 20% of the installation that's meant for commercial premises but are getting done on domestics ?

What about the rolling EICR ie test 20% of the installation that's meant for commercial premises but are getting done on domestics ?

well if you test only a fifth of the property each time , and the max time between inspections is 10 yrs then its gonna take 50 years.
i would expect the regs to have changed at least 3 editions , so clearly not really justifiable on a poxy 3 bed 8 circuit house.
;-)

in my firm this percentage is agreed with the customer, most customers tend to go with the 10% figure, and yes visually inspect all items that you find on each circuit to chech for smashed sockets lights hanging down ect

just read the OP again, our 10% figure is the removal of sockets spurs ect to inspect them fully as part of the visual inspection as we count up for each circuit, I tend to check continuity of rings (after safe isolation of course) at a socket rather than at the board as this kills 2 birds with one stone, plus sometimes it's easier when the board is jammed with rcbos ect

then all circuits are dead tested and live tested

No Archy, inspect 10% of the 20%, visually inspect and test 100% of the 20%.
Biff, in such installations wher 20% inspection and testing is conducted, it is usual to conduct it on an annual basis.
That way, 100% of the installation is inspected and tested every 5 years.

Biff, in such installations wher 20% inspection and testing is conducted, it is usual to conduct it on an annual basis.
That way, 100% of the installation is inspected and tested every 5 years.

yes , as is the norm for larger sites , but my remark was answering the scenario posed for using such a method in a domestic , where testing isnt going to be done yearly ;-)

Op unfortunately hasnt stated his situation yet but if it was domestic. Surely there is no possible reason (that I can think off ) why 100% cant be easily done unless someone im missing something

Reply to periodic inspection in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net